RIP

He knew.

He KNEW.

I panicked and ran out of the room. I left him at the studio before I could let him speak one more word. I was terrified. He could ruin my whole life! It takes one word to get out at school!

My phone vibrated.

He was calling me. I gulped. I declined and jogged home.

-20:15-

My stepmom was asleep once I got home so I went straight upstairs and locked myself in my room. I threw myself onto my bed and cried. Tears streamed down my face, making my cheeks hot. I couldn't breathe.

He texted me. My heart was jumping about like a boisterous dog.

I was so scared to speak to him but he did deserve to hear an explanation

I was so scared to speak to him but he did deserve to hear an explanation. I sat on the edge of my bed and dabbed my puffy red cheeks with a tissue. I needed to pull myself together. I wasn't ready for this moment. I knew he'd find out. This was all such a bad idea. I wasn't ready to be rejected. I was about to lose the best thing that's ever happened to me.

________________________

-20:35-

I saw him pull up in his car. He got out, looking absolutely smoking hot as usualSeeing him walk towards me made me forget for a split second that he was about to tell me how much of an idiot I was. I was here as Maddie, not Bebe.

My heart stopped.

I was an so stupid for lying to him. What was I thinking? I'm sure it's illegal to pretend to be someone who doesn't exist. I just felt so pretty, so confident and happy as Bebe. I've never been able to be myself before. I just wanted to be happy for once and i was.

As he got within 4ft of me I panicked. My insides felt so mashed up and my chest was tight. A single tear bled down my cheek, smudging my mascara on my eyelids.

"Maddie..."

I looked him in the eye and his face said it all. He was not happy. At all.

"Dom...I'm so sorr-"

His lips collided with mine. He grabbed my waist and pushed me backwards against a tree. His hands snaked their way up the back of my jumper. He kissed me passionately, whilst pressed up against me.

I was in shock. What was he doing?

He pulled away and looked me dead in the eye.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have scared you away," he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"No! I'm sorry for lying to you. I'm sorry for pretending to be Bebe and I'm sorry for being fake." Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Maddie...I'm sorry for not recognising how beautiful you are before you pulled that stunt. You shouldn't have had to do that to get anyone's attention. I feel bad for not seeing your beauty when you were shy. I let other people's opinions of you lead my mind to think you weren't worth anyone's time."

Wow.

He spoke the truth.

He wasn't lying.

He actually cared.

"It's okay, i'm used to not being recognised. I'm used to being ignored, bullied, mocked. I'm just Maddie. No one special. I've grown up like this and have been treated like that my whole life. I don't know any different. Only you have enlightened me on what it's like to be happy."

Who knew Dominic Harrison could be this nice to Maddie?

"Come back to mine, please." He took my hands and softly stroked the back of my hands with his thumbs.

I nodded.

I didn't care what my stepmom said. I wanted to be happy and seeing her tomorrow morning wouldn't make me happy.

"Thank you for understanding." I spoke. "I wish I could've been more like Bebe before the fancy dress party. She's awesome."

"No problem, Maddie," he smiled. "I need to tell you something too,"

Again? My relief faded away and my heart dropped.