A&E

I woke up in bed. Not my bed but a nice king sized bed with quilted blankets. Where was I?

"Hey princess." A husky voice came from beside me. Was it Dom?

I saw someone with brown hair. It was too light to be Dom's. 

"Colby?" I said quietly.

He nodded. The pearly white sheets cocooned us together, legs intertwined. His  touch was warm and comforting. His hand was on my thigh, moving up my leg slowly. I shivered but in a good way. I leant in to him, our lips brushing. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as he bit his lip and pressed his hips into mine. My nerves relaxed and I stroked the back of his neck as I leant in to kiss him. Our tongues touched and his hand slipped between my legs. Colby pulled me on top of him and started to kiss me passionately. He's gorgeous. I was kissing Colby.

He pulled away suddenly.

"What's wrong?" I choked. "Did I do something wrong?"

"You need to wake up." He said in a sad tone. I was confused. I was awake? "Please Maddie, wake up, you need to wake up." He sounded like he was crying now.

Suddenly, I was swept away from the fantasy and dropped in to reality. My entire body was hurting. I was in agony. I opened my left eye to be greeted with Colby holding my hand, crying beside me. I was in hospital. Colby sat up straight and leant closer to me.

"Maddie? Are you awake?" He shouted. A smile formed on his face.

"What happened?" I winced in pain.

"You were running across the road and you ran out straight in front of a car. I was walking by and saw you laying in the road. I thought you were-"

"Dead?" I finished his sentence. He nodded.

Why did he care so much? "Where's Dom?" I asked.

"He didn't answer his phone. I tried to call him but he didn't answer." Colby said whilst stroking the back of my hand.

Typical.

___________________________________________

8:45am

I woke up to see Colby still beside me asleep in the chair. Did he stay here all night? I looked over to the door to see a doctor came in to the room.

"Hello Maddie, you'll be able to leave today if you're feeling up for it. How do you feel?" she said whilst hugging her clipboard.

I told her I felt fine because I wanted to go home. Colby woke up.

"Colby does my dad know I'm here?" I was worried that he didn't know.

"He does. He's flying home from LA tonight. Did the doctor say you could go home?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Come back to mine until your dad gets home. I want to make sure you're okay." He said smiling. His dimples were quite cute. I remembered the dream I had about him. Awkward.

I agreed to go back to his house with him. I didn't really want to face my stepmom anyway. I phoned my dad and told him I was okay and that he didn't need to come home. After a long hour of reassuring him, he agreed to stay in LA. I didn't want the sympathy. I thought spending some time with Colby might cheer me up. After all...I had a lot of explaining to do and a lot of questions to ask. I needed to find out who that girl was.