The New Girl

*Maddie's POV*

The whole taxi ride to my school consisted of me panicking and convincing myself I'm going to look stupid. My overthinking was worse as my side effects from coming off my medication were appearing.

"Mia, my mind is completely all over the place. I'm so nervous." I frowned.

"You look stunning! Anyone who says anything will be jealous of you and if they say they're not, they're lying." She squeezed my hand and smiled. Her reassurance lifted my spirits a little bit.

Once we got out of the taxi we approached my school. Mia took my hand and we walked in side by side through the double doors. Her support was everything I needed.
As I entered the hall l, where everyone was stood, nobody pushed me or shoved me. Nobody threw their drink on me and nobody shouted any form of abuse.

"Mia what's going on?" My heart was pounding. "Why's nobody paying attention to the fact i'm all dressed up?"

She shrugged. Mia looked just as confused as I did.

"Is that a new girl?" Somebody muttered.

"She's stunning, who is that?" Somebody else said. They pointed in our direction.

"Mia, are you hearing this? They think you're stunning!" I was so embarrassed to currently exist beside her and ruin her reputation. She'd be so popular at my school.

"Maddie, you idiot they're pointing at you!"

I turned around abruptly. I didn't believe her. There was no way on earth they were looking at me.

"Hey gorgeous, are you new here?" Colby extended his arm and scratched the back of his neck whilst flexing his biceps. He was dressed as a gladiator.

Damn.

I glanced over at Mia who was nodding at me to give me the 'go ahead'. As much as chatting to Colby was a good idea, I'd rather go see his best friend, Dom. If I could pull off being a new girl, I'll just go introduce myself to Dominic.

"Uh thank you but I gotta go..." I ran back over to Mia, trying not to break my ankles in the heels. He looked confused. No girl would dare walk away from him. He's stunning. It's nothing personal against him. He seems like a great guy. It just so happened i was crushing on his bestie.

"I have an idea!" I shrieked. I pulled Mia aside. "Everyone thinks I'm some mysterious hot girl. Why don't I make up a name and pretend to be someone else. That way I can finally try and be confident."

"If you're sure you're comfortable with it. You need to make sure you don't blow your cover or you'll get some backlash from the girls and probably the entire school. If you're confident you can do it, go get em tiger!"

I knew this was such a bad idea and so did Mia but neither of us stopped me. Was I about to embarrass myself in front of the whole school?

-20:45-
Dominic was standing with all of his friends. The whole football team were basically models. I couldn't bring myself to approach him. I was terrified he would know who I was and that would be so embarrassing. Who am I kidding? He never knew who I was in the first place. I watched from afar as Amelia wobbled over to him in her stupidly high heels. Oh how I'd love to take them off and stab her with one of them. I hated how she always got what she wanted and I was not going to let her take Dom.

I had to stop her. I started to approach them.

"Watch where you're going!" She hissed. Once she turned around and saw me her eyes lit up and her entire attitude changed like she was bipolar. "Hey! I've never met you before. Are you new? I feel like I've seen you from somewhere. I love your hair!"