Neglected?

I haven't seen Dom for about a week now. I've seen him everyday since we started going out until last week when he decided to start acting strange.

"Call me?" I sent yet another message.

I didn't know whether to be worried or not as I could see he'd been online on all his social media accounts. Was he purposely ignoring me? I sulked. I sat alone on a park bench breathing in the fresh air. It was getting dark. The time was 17:45 so I briefly thought about heading home soon. I stared across the park and my eyes suddenly fixated on someone wearing a jet black, baggy hoodie, ripped jeans, pink socks and blue suede creepers. It was Dom. My heart fluttered like a gentle butterfly until I realised he was with another girl and the butterfly wilted and died. She was quite tall and skinny. She wore a little black dress with fishnet tights and black doc martens. I instantly envied her fashion sense as it was clear to me that Dom wanted me to dress like that. My fashion sense was a disaster. My heart was trying to race and put me in a sense of panic but I felt so deflated I just couldn't allow it. Why was he with another girl? Is this why he's been ignoring me? They walked side by side, shoulders brushing, laughing about like me and him always do...or did. Why hadn't I met her before? My suspicion heightened. They walked away from the park and along the river. That's MY spot! He better not be taking her there! Fury started to build up as I gritted my teeth. I eagerly stood up and began to follow them. I was tempted to run straight over to them and ruin their little meeting but I decided to keep my distance.

"Yeah, that's a crazy good idea!" Dom grabbed her arm. I shuddered. I was so angry.

"I'm excited for this!" She smirked at him. She was American. Great. Another thing for me to envy.

What were they talking about? I couldn't make out their whole conversation. They turned the corner up Melrose Avenue. He was taking her to his studio. My insides weakened and I felt sick. Quickly, I got out my phone and started to call Dom. I watched as he removed it from his pocket, glanced at it and put it back in his pocket like I was just an unknown caller. He was ignoring me.

"I guess we'll just talk later then..." I dropped him a text to see his reaction before he entered the studio.

"K" he replied bluntly. After a week of no response that's all I get?

My heart was telling me to chase him, to confront him and find out who the mystery girl was but my mind told me to give up. I knew I wasn't good enough for Dom from the start. I should've never pretended to be someone I'm not. I strolled up to the studio and sat on the wall outside. I could hear them murmuring through the open window. I heard them talking quietly amongst themselves and then suddenly I heard shuffling. My mind started to overthink what they could be doing. I was so nervous. The sound of music interrupted my thoughts and I nearly fell backwards off of the wall. The mystery girl could sing. My heart sank even more. I have no talents and I certainly cannot sing. Her voice was angelic. Dom started to sing with her. They sounded beautiful together. I wished I was her. That should be me. Her voice rang through my ears. I didn't want to enjoy the sound of another girl in harmony with my boyfriend, but I did. I also wanted to cry. 

"Even if the skies are falling down, don't let me go..." she sang.

I remained sitting on the wall and glared up at the window. I needed to see what was going on. Little did I know I'd be staring straight at Dom who was standing right beside the glass with the girl inches in front of him, singing in to the same microphone, staring at each other's lips and smiling. I could see her face now. She was very pretty. Ugh. I didn't want to watch anymore. I wanted to go home. Warm tears shed down my red cheeks and hugged my eyeballs like protective layers. As I sprinted home a loud clap of thunder startled me and caused me to trip over my step. I didn't fall. The heavy rain drenched my hair and washed my tears away. The weather made me run faster until I was panting like a dog, aggressively. I was nearly home, just one more block away. I jumped over a wall, swung my weight around a lamppost and ran across the road towards my house. Suddenly a sharp pain shot up my right thigh. The next thing I knew I was on the concrete floor, laying in a puddle. My vision was blurred. I looked at my arm which was sprawled out beside me. It was grazed and bleeding. Blue flashing lights appeared and someone knelt down beside me and grabbed my face.

"Colby?" I mumbled. My eyes slowly closed and my body fell limp.