Colby's House

We arrived back at Colby's house around lunch time. I was hungry despite my broken arm and bruised ribs. His house was huge. It had huge bay windows, high ceilings, vintage furniture and crystal chandeliers.

"Are you hungry?" Colby said whilst making a remark about my rumbling stomach. "We can order food, it's on me."

I blushed. "Yeah I could probably do with some food." I giggled.

We went upstairs to his bedroom. He had to help me up the stairs because apparently my legs were also bruised. His bedroom was modern with LED light strips up around the ceiling where the ceiling meets the wall. It was so nice.

"I love your room," I said whilst admiring the minimalistic design he had chosen. "My room looks so bland compared to yours."

"I bet it's not bland. Your bedroom always reflects you as a person and I can tell you're not boring." He smiled whilst patting the bed next to him indicating for me to sit beside him.

I hobbled over to the bed and sat down. I watched as Colby stood up to put on his 75" plasma TV. I still couldn't get over the fact Dom hadn't even messaged me yet or replied to Colby. We should be the two most important people in his life and he's ignoring us both like we're worthless.

"I need to tell you something," I gulped as he sat beside me again. "It's about Dom."

He nodded for me to begin explaining.

"Yesterday I was in the park, sitting on the bench when I saw Dom walking through with a girl I've never seen before. He's also been ignoring me for about a week now. I've tried to call and text him countless times but he hasn't replied. I followed them because the way they were acting together made me suspicious."

"Who was it?" He asked.

"I have no idea. I followed them both to Dom's studio. I also phoned him to see if he'd answer and I watched him with my own two eyes, look at his phone and ignore it. It hurt so badly. They entered the studio and started singing together. They sounded beautiful together which made me envy her. The reason I was running home is because it looked like they were about to kiss and my poor brain couldn't handle the situation. I haven't done anything wrong to him so why's he treating me like this?" A tear crept from my eye. Colby wiped it away and cupped my face in his hands.

"Maddie, don't cry. What did she look like?" He looked concerned which was making me slightly stressed.

"She had brown hair, she was American and was tall, skinny-"

Colby cut me off. "Charlotte. Her name is Charlotte."

"Who is she?" I asked.

"I have no idea. I've heard Dom mention her before but I've never known anything about her. They're doing a song together. I think it's called Falling Skies or something. Didn't he tell you?"

"No. He always shows me his new music which is why I'm terrified right now." he looked me in the eye with sympathy. Coming to think of it, Colby was quite good-looking. His bluey-green eyes had flecks of hazel in them. Why was Dom's best friend caring for me when I should be with Dom right now?

"I think you should talk to him. Text him. He'll still see it right?" He suggested.

We shuffled to lean on the headboard of his bed and sat close to compose the text message together.

It read:

Hey Dom. I'm not sure if you've heard but I was in an accident last night. I got hit by a car and ended up in hospital. I'm with Colby right now, at his house because my dad is still in LA. I'm okay, I just have a broken arm and I'm pretty bruised up. I'd like to see you. I haven't seen you for a while. 

"That sounds good, are you going to send it?" Colby asked as he leant his head on my shoulder.

I nodded. Before I clicked send I added one more thing.

Oh and I know you're ignoring me. It's not funny, and this isn't a game. Don't mess me around Dom.

"You're a little savage," Colby said. I put my phone away because I knew if it was in sight I'd be staring at it for a majority of the day. He lifted up his duvet and offered for me to snuggle up. I felt as if it would be rude not to.

"I'm ordering pizza. What do you like?"

"Pepperoni with extra cheese." I giggled.

"I'll make that two then," he winked at me as he exited his room to go and order the food. I looked on his windowsill beside the bed because I noticed a photo of me, him and Dom. I was cuddled up to them both. I wondered why he had it on show. I picked it up and turned it over. It read 'Colby, Maddie & Dom'. I thought it was sweet. I placed it back against the little ornament it was leaning on and waited for Colby to come back.

"It's all ordered sweet cheeks." He said as he came back in the room. He sat beside me and slithered underneath the duvet. "This isn't too much is it?"

"Why would it be?" I asked.

"I just want to make sure you're comfortable. I respect women too." Colby's smile was really cute. His dimples were utterly adorable. I stopped staring at his mouth before he got the wrong impression.

"Horror movie?" He suggested as he pointed at the TV.

"You know it," I said whilst realising Colby was very similar to me. I still remember the way he approached me at the fancy dress party, thinking I was a new girl. Part of me wonders what life would be like if I chose him and not Dom. I felt cruel for even imagining that but I felt as if Dom didn't care about me. After all, who ignores their own girlfriend for a week.

"You're beautiful, Maddie." Colby said out of the blue. I found myself glimpsing at his face. "I mean, Dom just shouldn't be messing you about. You deserve to be happy. I don't know what he's playing at. You're also a lovely girl. I'm glad I met you."

I was so touched. Even Dom struggles to find words to say to me like Colby just did. 

"Thank you," I blushed. I tried my best to hide the fact I was blushing but it must've been totally obvious.

He smiled at me. I smiled back. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. 

"Pizza's here," he laughed. He left the room to go and get it.

Am I falling for Colby?