Girls Will Be Girls

Long chapter folks, grab a Snickers

x Michelle
. • ➳ • .

"Nothing says adulthood like college guys getting high in a kiddy pool," Duke announces our arrival at the party when we strut in, his left arm around Belinda and right one fist bumping the seven guys who've squeezed themselves into a jacuzzi.

"Duke!" a familiar face from the last party exclaims, laughing and excitedly throwing himself at Duke, forcing him to let go of his girlfriend to catch the guy. "Man, you got a whole lot to compensate for now, where have you been?!"

"Great question, let me introduce y'all to my girlfriend, Belinda."

Belinda, gorgeous as usual, in a white, high-neck bikini and bun tied at the back of her neck, smiles and greets all guys who compete to shake her hand, ignoring how every single one is fighting animalistic urges to betray their friend. The sight is enough to make me wanna grab her hand and walk somewhere private, just me and her, until it's time to leave.

"Don't you know it's law to find the birthday girl first at her own birthday party?"

I'm relieved to hear that voice.

Relieved, because it means I won't have to actually act out my plan.

Relieved because it means we're not two girls left alone with a dozen guys, of which we only know two that most likely will be pulled away from us when someone wants to take shots with them or whatever.

Anxious, because I'm sure she knows what happened after the party that introduced me to her.

"My sincerest, deepest apologies," Duke bows, smiling widely when her wet body in her wet, hot, pink bikini embraces him, saying stuff in his ear that unlike his laugh is inaudible to the rest of us. She passes him on to Malcolm with a slap on his back, looking between me and Belinda before she winks at me, my heart exhaling.

"Let me welcome our stunning newbie, I'll be right with you," she tells me, reaching for Belinda. "I'm Evie, I'm also thrilled to meet the fairylike girlfriend that I've never properly met before."

Her arms are tight around Belinda, welcoming her with as much warmth as she can, erasing the weird air the guys filled it with just moments ago.

"Scarlet?" I hear my name being called, turning to see Malcolm smiling with open arms, my eyes catching a happy Avery when I step into the embrace of his friend. "I know Evie's gonna be acting like it's her sweet sixteen, so if you need anything, come to myself first."

I laugh, letting him go with a nod.

"Probably not a good time to tell you we brought sixteen year olds with us to help her," I reply, nodding once towards AJ and Luke. He looks at them and jokingly sighs, shaking his head.

"Should've known you were gonna be a problem."

I can barely give him a smile before I feel weight thrown on me, looking down a little to see Evie around my neck.