The Reason to All of This

I realize what a crappy friend I am when I feel cold water being poured on me to wake me up

Heart; Sorry Duke

"Scarlet?" Keira's psychotic bitch voice calls for me.

I open my eyes and try to reach the hurting point at my head with my hand, but start cursing her when I see I'm handcuffed to something behind me.

"You fucking psychotic bitch," I spit out.

"I wanted to say good, you're awake, but I regret it now. Can someone give Scarlet a sleeping pill?"

She turns around to leave as someone walks over to me with a baseball bat. A fucking baseball bat.

"What have you done to him?"

She stops in her tracks and turns around, a fucking smirk on her fucking face.

"Avery?" she asks. "Or maybe Duke? Or those two brothers of yours? Which one do you mean?"

"What the fuck do you want from them?" I scream, harshly trying to get out of the handcuffs.

I also find out what a crappy human I am as I do this.

Heart; Sorry Avery.

"I don't want you to die without any answers," she says and grabs the chair that's placed to her right.

She turns her head ninety degrees. "Leave us alone," she tells the guy to her right before turning to me again. "It started with a young love. I fell in love, and fuck, he loved me too, so I got pregnant at eighteen. During my pregnancy, my parents didn't want anyone finding out, they also being proud leaders of the South, so they sent me to Canada to study my last year of high school and have it. It was a girl."

"Stop talking about the poor kid as if she's a tool, it's not her fault she got you as her mother."

"As I was saying, it was a girl. There I met a young man who had also been abandoned by his parents for one little mistake, and we soon realized we had very much in common, so we became very close friends. You wanna know who it was? It was the leader of the North, Morgan. When I graduated, I returned to our own town, and he, the thing's dad, had someone new. Now I'm sure you know what heartbreak feels like, so I'm not gonna explain it to you any further."

She snorts. The fucking bitch. "I tried getting him back, I really did, but he said he didn't want me anymore."

"Can you blame him?" I jump in. "Have you met yourself?"