Chapter 1: Noticed

This work of fiction, names, events and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

READ AND ENJOY!!

P.S: YOU COPY, I'LL KILL YOU!!

Diana's P.O.V

After all the alarms i intentionally missed,I stood up from bed. Believe me, i could sleep with an alarm blaring beside me. I was so in love with sleep, I could literally do it with my eyes closed.

Get it? Get it?

Back to my current situation, the room felt like it was lower than zero degrees. It almost felt like I would freeze if I should stay in a position for minutes. Curse the fact I didn't have a heater

Why does the world have to be against me?

With every little movement I made, I could hear a creak from the bed. Couldn't blame it though, I'd been using it for years so it did a great job. You wouldn't believe how expensive it was to get a new bed. I guess I have to stick with this baby.

The house would've felt like a graveyard if we ignored my mother's loud snores. How was it even possible for her to snore that loud? Sometimes it made it feel like she was inhuman.

Don't get me wrong, her snores only gave me an assurance I could leave the house in peace.

At least, she wasn't awake. She started banging the door at one this morning which was a bit early if I might add. Normally, she came home by three or four in a drunken state. She either had liquor dripping from her mouth (Very disgusting sight, believe me you don't want to see it) or she came with a bottle in her hand. Most times, she held it like her life depended on it. Well, it kinda was. She was addicted to that stuff, always coming home drunk and all.

I winced when I felt a sharp pain shoot through my left thigh. It was almost impossible to walk but I did anyways, didn't have a choice. I still had to walk my way up to school.

I could remember when a needle went through it that morning.

Why? Good question.

She wobbled in this morning and started yelling about why her dumb food got cold. I just wished I could yell THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU COME HOME LATE WOMAN! but I would've faced worse consequences if I did that.

You see, I don't mean to bore you with my life story but you don't really have a choice. Ever since my father died, my mom was another name for complete disaster.

She did try at first. She looked for a suitable job to pay my fees and food but she stopped after a year or so. I felt pity for her, she was deep in depression. She just couldn't cope without her other half.

Then, she started drinking, smoking, clubbing, taking drugs and literally everything that is not expected from a normal healthy mother. I thought it was a joke at the beginning but it became reality. I had to cope with it because I knew she wasn't like that deep inside and I hoped she would realise that and change. She didn't.

She poured her anger out on me like I was the cause of her misfortune and because of that, she thought of me as useless.

Harsh right?

I didn't waste any time, it looked like I saw it coming. I started working in an old coffee shop. I got five dollars an hour including Saturdays and Sundays (A/N: I'm a Nigerian so I don't know how they pay abroad. Please bear with me) I attended a public school do I wouldn't have to bother about fees and bought food stuffs. I also took care of my mom with it and yeah, that's all of my boring life story.