Chapter 25: Effects

DYLAN KING

"What?"

"Robert. Yeah, I know he has a weird surname but he's hot. Really really hot"

"Hotter than me?"

"Yes, he's very hot"

"Not to sound rude but I've not met a Robert" I said, air quoting his name cause duh, she said he's hotter than I am "And I'm way hotter than him"

"You just said you've not met him. He might be a Justin Bieber Junior"

"No he's not and if he was then I'm still hotter than him"

"Yeah, maybe in your dreams"

"Wait, if he's that hot, why isn't he popular yet?"

"Um" She paused, looking at everywhere but me.

Is it just me or did it look like she was making it all up?

Nah.

"Well, he's usually in hoodies so people don't get to see him that much but trust me, he's hot."

If Robert was as hot as she said then he'd have a lot of girls going after him during prom. Not to sound all judgy but what if he cheats?

Once again, I'm not judging him.

Obviously, there's gonna be alcohol and the punch would probably have something in it.

What if he drinks and does something to her?

I mean, whoever is Robert was definitely didn't know a thing about how fragile and weak she was. At least, not more than I did.

She just got discharged from the hospital and her psycho of a mom did a lot to her before I got to know a thing about it. She still had minor injuries and he probably knew nothing about it cause Cupcake had such a problem with opening up to people.

Not that it's her fault.

Besides, she wasn't healed emotionally. Little things could trigger the memory and if the school got to know a thing about it, it'll be a bigger problem.

What if he took advantage of her?

"And he's a good guy. A very good guy, nerdy kind of good"

"Does he wear glasses?"

"Nope"

"Does he stutter?"

"Nope"

"Is he shy?"

"Nope"

"He's not a nerd Cupcake. What makes you think he's a nerd?"

"Well, he's good at math"

"I'm also good at math, doesn't mean I'm a nerd"

"You're not good at Math or at English or Biology or any other subject. The only subject you're probably good at is boat making" She said and picked up my pretty boat.

Of which I spent minutes on.

"Well, at least I'm good at something." I folded my arms "I don't think it's a great idea to go to prom with Robert."

"It's not your choice to make"

"Look Cupcake, I'm just watching out for you. What if he drinks and does something bad. Like, really really bad."

"He won't. He's a great guy remember? Besides, Cassandra isn't a good girl but she's your prom date and you don't see me watching out for you" She said, air quoting the watching out.