Chapter 19: Stepsister

"Of course, she had to be twice as annoying as the previous one" I said, burying my head in my palms.

"There's no way she's more annoying. Mrs Alonso gave me detention for winking at her" Dylan huffed, crossing his arms.

"Maybe she thought you were trying to seduce her you idiot"

Dylan huffed "Yeah, she wishes"

"Do you both realise I'm right here in front of you?!" The substitute teacher, Miss detention, yelled standing right in front of us.

Wait, when did she get here?

"We're sorry?" I paused "No, wait, I am. He isn't"

"I'm more sorry than you are. She deserves ten years of detention"

"And you deserve a million"

"Leave my class immediately!" She yelled, her face turning red in the process or maybe she applied way too much blush.

I was the first to stand up, packing my things and leaving the class immediately.

At least, I was finally out of the class. That's one good thing.

I heard Dylan's footsteps behind me when I got out of the boredom arena.

"Hey cupcake" He called "She kept way too much make up, didn't she?"

"Look here Dillie" I abruptly stopped and turned to face him. "I'm mad at you, okay?"

"Why?"

Oh my god, he was literally the most stupid person I'd ever seen in my life.

"You promised we'd skip school and get food in that Chinese restaurant downtown and then Cabitchy came from no where and cries in your arms, telling you an obvious lie and you left to drop her at home instead so yeah, I am mad"

"Cabitchy" I heard someone giggle behind me. I turned to see a weird kid in sunglasses and a pink helmet, moving past me on a hover board.

Why did he have an helmet on?

Why did he have sunglasses on?

Why was he on a hover board?

Who is the kid anyways?

Why does my life have to be so confusing?

"Cool hover board" Dylan complimented, waving at him.

"Thanks dude" I heard him whisper.

"Who's that?" I asked "And why does he have a pink helmet on?"

"He's David the weird and he's always like that. Very. Very weird."

"Yeah whatever. I'm still mad at you" I said and walked away like the savage I was.

He continuously pleaded, trailing after me as I went towards the library.

I saw David once more but this time he was munching on a fruit bar and sipping from a juice box. His sunglasses were absent and he had a weird hat on instead.