Chapter 21: You'll never change

"What?"

Dylan sighed, shifting awkwardly on the white hospital chair. "I'm not meant to tell you this now, you're not in the proper state of mind_"

"It's okay Dylan, I just wanna know what happened"

"You're sure it's not gonna hurt you? It's a lot to take in"

"It can't be that bad. Besides, I already had a lot to take in before It happened."

"She hit you in the head with a baseball bat, poured gasoline on the walls of the building and set it on fire"

I guess he was right when he said it was a lot to take in.

The truth is, I couldn't feel anything.

I was meant to mad, angry or at least, break down in tears but I ended up feeling nothing.

It was either what she injected in my body or the painkillers I had in my system but either ways, it worked in my favour. I didn't know how I would feel knowing the hopes and dreams I had turned to a total nightmare.

It was awkward to think I spent so much on that building, financially and emotionally. I had to endure domestic abuse because I couldn't turn back and leave all the memories I had in there.

She tried to kill me regardless of it.

I didn't know if I was meant to be mad at her for trying to kill me or blame it on her critical mental disorder that, according to her, got worse every day.

Either ways, I could've died and everything would've been useless including my life.

"Where is she?"

"Her body wasn't found in the house and there's no evidence to prove she left after she started the fire"

"So she just disappeared?"

"I don't know yet but the police are still searching" He said "Don't worry, she'll be arrested the moment_"

"She's not okay" I cut him off "She has a critical mental disorder."

"She's crazy?"

"Not crazy, just not okay. She sees abs hears things and it gets worse every day"

"Hallucinations? Schizophrenia?"

"Yeah"

"Why were you quiet about it? We could've found help for her. You could've died Diana, died and she would've gotten away with it the same way she just got away with everything she's done to you."

"I had no idea she wasn't okay till she told me last night. I was meant to leave the following morning but_"

"It's okay" He sighed, running his fingers through his hair "It's fine"

"Am I gonna be okay?"

"Well, you have no fractures so your brain is still in good condition but you have a huge purple bruise on your forehead and your face is kinda swollen now. You'll be out of here in three days"