Chapter 43: Save

DYLAN KING

"David, are you sure about this?"

"I know Cassy better than anyone else. Trust me on this one, Diana is in there and she's behind all of this" He said, pointing at the old abandoned building behind the trees.

David called earlier saying he knew where Diana was and it didn't take a second before I sprang up to my feet and headed to the car.

I got a lot of men for support, just in case the kidnapper was armed or they were kidnappers.

We picked David from the school's parking lot a few minutes later. To avoid paparazzi and unnecessary drama, the other cars had to stop close by while I got him myself.

He got into the car and spilled everything he knew about the kidnapper but for the first few seconds, I didn't believe his words.

It was Cassandra.

The words slipped out his mouth so easily, I didn't believe he could expose his sister with so much ease.

He said Cassandra got so jealous about the relationship, she got mad and hired a man to kidnap her, drive her far away in the woods and erase every evidence. She planned to kill her at first but didn't get the courage to and decided to leave all alone to die out of starvation.

He knew all of that cause she told him by herself. Yet, he spilled it out before the day ended.

"I'm not gonna kill you Dylan, you have enough men to take me down in a second. I'm just trying to help"

I sighed and replied "Okay"

He got out of the car after my reply and slammed the door shut behind him. I was out of the vehicle the next second, staring at David who looked indifferent about his actions.

We got off the road into the forrest along with at least a dozen men trailing behind us.

I couldn't define my emotions. I was happy, scared and surprised all at once. Happy I had finally seen what I was longing for, scared something might go wrong and surprised Cassandra was the kidnapper.

I mean, I thought of it and waved it off immediately, thinking she couldn't even hurt a fly.

The answer was right there in front of me but I didn't believe it.

"We're here" David said as soon as we were right in front of the broken wooden door. The handle was completely out of place, the color which I guessed used to be blue was grey with little stripes of it's original color andq so dry, it looked as if it'll break off with a single push.

David courageously led the way, pushing the door open and going in before one of my men to ensure proper security. I walked in after the two, taking fast steps into the building then slowing down after getting in.

It was completely empty, just a dusty broken bulb hanging off the torn ceiling. The sunlight reflected through the opening, lightening the room and shining on the dusty floor.

The paint on the walls were old and slowly peeling off, leaving pieces of the floor and the wood beneath exposed.

That was all to the room, e_