Chapter 40: Shh

A/N: Check out my new books, HELLO CARLO and A SCANDAL WITH MR CEO

I picked on the side of my nails, slowly getting rid of the white nail polish on it.

One reason why I wasn't a fan of nail polish.

I enjoyed painting my nails but the fun usually ended the moment I was done with it. Most times, I unintentionally picked on it and at the end, it got all chipped with some of it beneath my nails.

I'd been in the car for minutes, nervous hell would let lose the moment I stepped into the building.

The drama Cassandra caused during prom was enough to make me the number one trending topic for days and dating Dylan was a whole topic on it's own.

Throughout my previous day in school, I succeeded in completely avoiding Cassandra's unnecessary drama but I knew I wouldn't if the news got out I was dating her dream man.

Not that I was scared of her or something, I just wanted to have a normal day. At least, after all that happened the last two days.

I'd given the school something to talk about.

"You do understand we've been here for minutes right?"

I turned to Dylan who had also been in the car with me and watching me take off my nail polish.

"Yeah?"

"Look, it's gonna be fine in there, okay? Geez, you make it look like you're gonna die or something"

"You don't understand Dylan. They all know we're dating which is all your fault if I might add. They'll whisper and stare and laugh a_"

"Laugh? They're not gonna laugh silly, they'll admire you"

"Admire?"

"Yes cause you're my first girlfriend since Lucy and that was in elementary school"

"You had a girlfriend in elementary s_"

"Not the point sweetie" He cut me off "The point is, I haven't dated any girl since then so if they glare at you, it's jealousy"

He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my cheek before pulling away and maintaining a centimeter distance away from me. His breath fanned my fanned my face as his eyes scanned every detail of my face.

His lips turned curved upwards as he said "Your bruises are gone"

"All thanks to you"

He placed a warm palm on my cheek, cupping it with his hand and and pulling me closer. The tip of my nose came in contact with his as we got closer and in a second, his lips were on mine.

It was just like the first time, except I wasn't as surprised as before. However, I felt the sudden jolt in me. The feeling of happiness or whatever was making me smile.

I had no idea if it came from the fact he was the first guy or because for the first time, I felt everything was gonna be alright.

He sucked in my lower lip and dug his fingers into my hair, messing up the sleek ponytail I had gone through so much to perfect earlier that day.

My arms which were formerly used to finding their way around his neck, attached themselves to his chest. His heart thumped violently beneath my palms, just as fast as mine a_

"Dylan?"

Why does this always happen?

I pulled away after hearing a feminine voice behind me and you wouldn't believe who it is. Actually you would cause I'd said so much about her earlier.