Chapter 11: Partners

Natasha got to know us more during lunch. To be honest, she was the sweetest being I'd ever met and I didn't understand why people choose to hurt the sweetest ones. I knew she didn't want me interfering in she and Ryan's stiff but deep down, I wanted to walk up to him and give him a punch to remember.

I never associated myself with him but I'd heard how much of a asshole he was. He didn't prank as much as Dylan did but he had a mouth. He could make gold look as bad as mud with that mouth of his. I wouldn't say I completely hated him because we didn't have many classes together and he didn't pay attention to me. Hearing that he bullied someone as soft as Nat truly made him the asshole they called him.

Either ways, I still want money.

"As I was saying" Mrs Payne said. Sometimes her name was more of pain than Payne. Her voice sounded like she was screaming. Geez. She made me hate English.

"There's good news" I heard Mrs Payne say. If there was just one thing I knew about the old lady it would be that her good news was bad news for us.

"You'll all be doing paired projects"

She couldn't be more predictable.

Mrs Payne was our English teacher. She looked like she should be in her late fifties and I still didn't understand why she wasn't retired. She had brownish grey hair with wrinkles all over her face. The one thing about the lady was that sometimes her name was more of pain than Payne. First, she had high pitched voice that would make you cover your ears and that means you can't sleep in English class.

She also loved assignments and projects. I had a feeling it was because she thought kids loved it. If she did, she was so wrong.

"I know you guys love it so I'm making it a bit complex now. You'll be writing your own stories. It should be your original stories, copying will give you an F. You'll also be doing it in pairs." She said and started calling out names.

I mentally prayed to be paired with Natasha because she was the perfect partner. Not because I wanted to pour all the work on her.

Okay, it might be because I want to pour the work on her but not all.

I would've loved to be with Esther but she was equally as lazy as I was. We'd fetch ourselves Fs if we were paired. I glanced at her from the other end of the class and immediately, she threw me a paper ball.

It kinda reminded me of the dumb prank but moving on, I picked the paper up and unfolded it.

I just hope i don't get paired with a lazy ass like you. I have my prayers for Nat.

I picked up my pen and replied 'I'm getting her first you idiot' and folded the paper. I threw it and she caught it with a loud clap. She got stares from the people around her but typical Esther, she didn't care.

"Esther and Greg" Mrs Payne said. I covered my mouth to compress the laughter. Esther glared at me and mouthed a ' You won't get her either.' I stuck out my tongue to her and directed my attention to Mars Payne.

"Natasha and Renae"

Come on life, even if it's just once.

I didn't bother looking at Esther because I knew she would be busy laughing her butt off.

"That's all for today" She said and folded the paper she was holding.

How could she seriously have forgotten me?

"Mrs Payne?" I called her and got the attention of literally everyone in class. "You forgot to pair me with someone"

"Oh Diana. You must've slipped my mind. The only person left here is_"