Chapter 20: Fire

My eyes abruptly snapped open.

It took seconds to adjust to the streetlights blinding my vision. After multiple blinks and taking a good look at the sight in front of me, I figured out I was just on the streets curled up like a little furry ball on a bench.

Right next to me was another figure with a grey colored blanket covering the lower part of his body. He looked older than I was, like he was in his mid twenties or something.

His hair was brown in color and strands fell across his face, reaching his lips and chin. He had stubs on his jaw and a cut on his lower lip.

He had a blue sweater on and a simple silver chain around his wrist. The jewelry had the name 'Aisha' dangling off it and with the diamonds adorning it, it looked pretty expensive.

He didn't look homeless or stranded. He looked scared, afraid and sad all at the same time.

The sweat wetting his face showed he wasn't at ease and his eyes told a different story.

It was like something was coming to hurt him or something.

"Hey" His head snapped towards me "Sorry to startle you"

"You cried in your sleep"

"What?"

"You cried in your sleep. More of like tears of joy cause you were smiling too. You had an amazing dream, didn't you?"

Well, it was definitely a dream come true to see mom as happy as that again if she was with Natasha's father or not .

She looked alive and happy. The same way she was when dad was still alive. It was like seeing the old part of her once more, the part she killed and buried deep in herself.

Besides, Natasha would check as a good sister.

"Yeah. I did" I smiled "Did you have a good dream too?"

"I can't" He laughed, wiping hands on his forehead "I can't have any good dreams"

"What does that mean?"

"I'm gonna die soon"

Okay, this is getting pretty weird.

"Why?"

"Cause I betrayed someone I shouldn't have and now she's gonna come to kill me"

"Oh my god, you need to call the police and find help"

"Trust me, if I sit in the midst of a thousand of the world's best military men, she'll find her way in and we won't know it till I'm dead"

"How's that possible? Don't you think you need help and who's the she?"

"No, you won't understand"

"Just tell me what's wrong. I know it isn't my business but we can find help a_"

The screeching sound of a car pull up in front of us cut me off. I glanced over to see three sleek black cars parked right in front of us. The first and last one were if the same type of structure and color while the one in the middle was a little different from the rest.