Chapter 31: Chocolate fudge cake

DYLAN KING

For the first time ever, she came up to me personally to get the car keys and it was weird to see her with a book in her hands.

Reading?

She had good grades and looked like a total nerd but she didn't read as much as I always thought she would.

I plopped down on the driver's seat with a sigh, turning to face her. I poked her shoulder softly after noticing she didn't acknowledge my presence "Hey"

No reply.

"Hey"

I pinched her cheek, enjoying how soft it felt beneath my fingers.

Man, you gotta touch this. It feels like heaven.

"Look who has soft chubby cheeks, chubby chubby cheeks"

For the love of pure satisfaction, I pinched it again and again and again and again and again_

"Leave me alone Dylan" She said and sadly withdrew her cheek.

"What got your panties in a twist?"

She went back to her book and once again, didn't give me a reply. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Yes, you did"

"What did I do?"

She finally tore her gaze away from her book, giving me the most serious expression I had ever seen on her face. "Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting here?"

Well, she's pissed.

Scratching the back of my head in confusion, I replied "Five minutes?"

"Two hours! You kept me waiting for two hours!"

"Oh" I said in realisation "I was kinda busy, you know. I ha_"

"You were behind school having a make out session with Cassandra"

DIANA

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for wasting your time"

Prom was just a day ago, literally less than twenty four hours and just when I thought he'd keep a distance between he and Cassandra, they got even closer.

Even if it's just for a whole day to at least, show her she did something wrong.

After practically getting disgraced by Cassandra during lunch, I had to spend the whole time in the library, including my free period.

Then I heard whispers like I did earlier and they weren't just about me, it was about Caslyn walking around together like couples.

It made me feel a million times worse, I felt humiliated. It only proved to people the lie they believed about me pushing myself on him was true.

Ugh, I could just yank my hair out as people spoke about it right in front of me.

Just so I wouldn't believe just the gossips, I got out of the library to be sure and guess what?