Chapter 17: Princess Dillie of Pinkland

"Your mom?"

"Yeah, duh. Do you think I live alone?"

He stood up in a swift and dragged me along with him as we went down the stairs.

I tripped a couple of times while he took sharp turns.  He was too fast to keep up with and besides, don't blame me I had tiny legs.

I didn't worry, he always had a way of picking me up before I fell else it'll be a game of trips and smacks.

I didn't know how but he happened to know all the way to every single room even with the fact they all looked alike.

Really, it made me feel like I was walking past the same place repeatedly.

After a minute or two of feeling like a puppet in Dylan's hand, we got to a kitchen.

The first thing I noticed was a little girl. She was wearing a pink dress and glittery shoes with purple hair clips adorning her brown shiny hair.

Her blue eyes assessed me the moment she noticed. Brushing her hair off her forehead, she gave me a sweet smile and let out a little giggle.

The woman beside her, who I assumed to be Dylan's mom, looked a little younger than I expected.

If I met her somewhere else, I wouldn't have pictured her to have a son as old and dumb as Dylan.

Her skin was a little bit brown and had that shiny and smooth appearance.

The direct opposite of my dry pale skin.

She had a simple light blue dress and black jacket on with silver shoes. Her face wasn't so caked with make up, just a thin line of eyeliner and lip gloss. At least, according to what I could see.

"Dille Willie!" The little girl ran and hugged Dylan's legs.

Aww, she was so c_

Wait, did she just say Dillie Willie?

Oh, I am so calling him that when I'm done!

"What's the reason behind your sudden kindness?" Dylan asked, furrowing and taking steps away from the little girl. "Is this a prank? Cause if it is, I'm gonna burn all your pretty little bows and I'll go for the pink ones first!"

It took time to process that.

Why was Dylan so harsh to a cute little innocent girl?

I mean, all she did was to give him a hug and besides, she also gave him a good nickname that was definitely going to stick to my head forever.

"Be nice you butthole" I whispered with a smile still plastered on my face like a second skin.

"Oh you have no idea what she's capable of. Trust me cupcake, she's a little demon"

"That's enough Dylan." The mom said "Kindly introduce cupcake to us"

If Dylan wasn't such an idiot, she wouldn't have known about the dumb nickname.

"Actually, it's Diana"

"So" She paused, placing her elbows on the counter and resting her head in between her arms.

So what?

"Are you guys dating?"

Ha!

"No no no no no" I laughed "No"

"She's just my friend mom"

"That's what you said about Cassandra, remember?"

Of course, she knew Cassandra. Who wouldn't?