Chapter 35: Jelly

Food was served a few minutes later.

Our table, even though we were just two, had enough food for ten. Ayo ordered a couple of women to give us the best traditional dishes they had cause Dylan insisted he'd like to have a taste of their local foods.

Throughout the whole process, I had my arms crosses and my eyes glued to the ground with no appetite to eat what had been served.

After the food was served, one of the women instructed by Ayo helped to describe the foods and some of the ingredients used in case were allergic to them.

She introduced herself to be Keyinday and spent a couple of minutes explaining what I obviously didn't pay any attention to.

Dylan, on the other hand, paid quite a lot of attention and Keyinday just happened to have a little thingy thing for him.

I noticed she had her eyes on him throughout and I was like a plus one neither of them noticed. Dylan would occasionally wink at her and give her his signature smirk every girl besides me would immediately blush at.

It made me feel even worse.

Literally, we kissed a few hours ago and there he was, flirting with a girl he'd probably never see again. I mean, I was right there in front of him, staring at them both hoping whatever was between them would end.

He had no idea how I felt just watching them.

At the end, she wrote down her number and then finally noticed me.

Besides the fact Dylan was probably going to use her just like he did to me, she was the sweetest being on earth.

She said to ask questions if I wanted and call for her if I needed to before giving Dylan one last smile and leaving.

For the next few minutes, Dylan ate as much as he could and once again, didn't notice I hadn't touched my food.

Ugh! I could just yank my hair out in frustration.

You know what, I need a break from this.

"I need to use the toilet" I sighed, picking up my purse and stood up to leave.

"Cupcake? You've not eaten anything"

Oh, look who's just noticing.

"Yeah, I'm not hungry"

"Last time I checked, you really wanted to eat this."

"Well, I don't want to anymore, okay? I don't have an appetite"

Before he could reply, I took a turn and left.

I heard him call out my name but totally ignored it and moved further away from our table.

I'd gotten over the urge to cry simply because spending my time crying over him was completely useless. First, he obviously wasn't noticing my change in attitude and if he was, he sure did a great job hiding it. Second, he found it so normal to kiss a girl and tell her it was just a kiss. Really, I would've preferred it if he said he wasn't so into me and apologize.

Yeah, it'll hurt but just a little and definitely not as much it as he completely acted like it never happened.

Also, I couldn't ruin my make up.

I had seen a couple of girls cry over boys like Dylan a lot of times cause for a totally normal reason it happened like every day in high scjool They'd spend the rest of the day crying in the arms of their best friend and explaining how he promised he'd never leave. Well, mine was different cause I didn't have a best friend to start with and he never promised me a thing.