6. Embarrassment

Jet_black_wings: Oh my god I am sooooo sorry

You giggled as you watched him completely fail. He tried to hit the boss but missed and got punched which sent him flying across the cavern. His character was on the ground, badly needing a health potion. You didn't mind him as a partner, sure he wasn't the best player out there but he was definitely a lot of fun. You would go on adventures and fight bosses with him. He wasn't very good with the combat but he had a knack for puzzles and knowing where to find the best loot and enemies. He wasn't strong, not at all, but you respected him. He let you get to the loot first, he offered you stuff he picked up, he shared a majority of his stuff with you.

_RedRumReaper_: Don't worry about it, remember that I've got plenty of health potions and I can always buy some more

You pulled your legs up onto your bed and crossed them, waiting for a reply. You healed their avatar and watched as they were able to move around at normal speed again.

Jet_black_wings: Thank you so much for that, sorry again for almost dying on you

_RedRumReaper_: I told you that it was fine, now let's go have a look to see what kind of loot we've got

You approached the chest and went through all the items you had won. There were a few basic weapons, a black cloak with red designs and a permanent shield. Your eyes widened at it, it was supposed to be super rare. You held your hand over your mouth to stop yourself from screaming, it was very late at night and you didn't want anyone to hear you. You stared at it for a good five minutes before a message popped up in the chat.

Jet_black_wings: Is everything okay? Are you still there?

But then you remembered he was with you, he could use the shield a lot more than you could. You don't even remember the last time your health went below half way. You'd upgraded your self so many times that you were practically invincible, not to bosses and enemies but the other players. No one would be able to fight you without dying or ending up extremely hurt. This was why there were neutral places like Elderview and such, this game was also PVP if that's what you wanted it to be. For others, the best idea would be to join a party and use your numbers to your advantage. If you get caught alone in a non-neutral zone you're as good as dead.

Returning to your original train of thought, you took the shield and other items from the chest. You then opened Jet_black_wings character profile and pulled up the gift tab.

Kaidou

Kaidou sat in bed with his laptop resting on a pillow in front of him. Large headphones covered his ears, allowing him to hear all in-game sounds. One side was pushed back, just in case he heard his mother walking towards his room. The boss was dead and his teammate hadn't responded or moved in a minute or so. Out of curiosity, he messaged them. He waited for a reply but didn't receive one, instead, something else popped up. It was a tab he hadn't seen before, the gift tab. Even though he had been in a party the other members weren't nice enough to give him anything, they healed him occasionally but all of their equipment was off limits to him.

_RedRumReaper_ has sent you a gift

He tilted his head to the side in confusion, wondering why you were giving him something. He hesitated to open the gifted, his eyes widening and jaw dropping at the sight of its contents. He had just been gifted a rare item by you, a player he didn't even know.

Jet_black_wings: Why did you give this to me? I mean I'm really excited and happy but this is such an important item. You'll never find another one of these

He wanted to make sure that it was alright, how could he take such a rare item? He wondered if they were crazy or just really stupid. A normal player, if they didn't need it, would sell it and made a fortune off it. However, he wouldn't. He would keep it, he would use it, he would treasure it. He wasn't like other players.

You

You stared at the message with a red face. Why did you give him such an amazing item? Why? Why did you do it? There was an answer but you were too embarrassed to admit it. You awkwardly typed into your keyboard.

_RedRumReaper_: Well... I thought we were friends so I wanted to give it to you. I get it if you don't want to be my friend, you can do whatever you want with the item... I don't want it

You pulled your knees to your chest, hiding your face behind them. You were embarrassed. To you, you sounded desperate for friendship, like a loser. You expected him to tell you he didn't need you anymore and to get lost. You flinched when you heard the should of a new message. You hesitantly looked up.

Jet_black_wings: No it's nothing like that! Of course, you're my friend, to be honest, I don't have that many. Just a few of the guys in my class, I would love to be your friend

There was a pause before you go another message.

Jet_black_wings: I'm so sorry if I scared you off, I didn't mean to sound so desperate. Damn it, I'm an idiot. Anyway, I have to go but I'd like to keep in touch if you don't mind. I bet you have a whole bunch of friends already but I'd love to keep talking to you, even if we're not in game.

Your face lit up, happy giggles slipping out.

_RedRumReaper_: Of course, here's my number *********

Your face exploded bright red. You fell back on your bed with your hands covering your heated cheeks.

"I can't believe I just gave a boy my number", you squealed. Suddenly your bedroom door was opened and an unimpressed Haruka stood in the doorway. Before you could come up with an excuse she spoke.

"To bed, right now". You bit your lip, hanging your head in shame as you logged out of the game for the night. You pushed your desk back into its place on the other side of the room and then got into bed, having Haruka turn off the light.

"Please stop doing this", she sighs. You let out a quiet apology before she closes your bedroom door, laying down on your bed. You pulled the blankets over your self and closed your eyes, having them open as soon as you phone buzzed loudly. You groaned quietly and picked it up, seeing that you had a new message.

Unknown number: Hey this is Jet black wings, now that I have your number we can text and stuff. I've gotta go to bed now, I'll talk to you tomorrow

You smiled brightly and closed your eyes, excited for tomorrow. You'd be able to talk to him again.

Sorry for not updating in a while. Lost my motivation for a quick sec, it isn't completely back but I'm finally sitting down and actually writing. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD