10. Not allowed

"So you're actually going to meet?", Kuboyasu questions, raising an eyebrow at the proud blue-haired boy. He nods his head eagerly, pulling out his phone to show his friends the messages the two of you had shared. 

"He works part-time in a cafe in town. He said we could have lunch together and then head to the arcade down the street". The others read the messages displayed on screen before looking at Kaidou.

"What if they aren't who you're expecting them to be?", Hairo asked.

"They could still be 50 years old, you still don't know". Kaidou's cheeks heated up a little.

"I thought about asking if we should exchange photos but I was too nervous to ask so I didn't".

"How are you going to know who it is, runt?", Nendou wondered aloud. The boys seemed to agree with the statement. Kaidou shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not actually too sure about that, I guess they'll text me saying what they're wearing or where they're sitting". It seemed like a valid idea so the boys left it at that, packing up their lunch once the bell for their next period went.

Kaidou rested the strap of his bag on his shoulder and began walking towards class with Kuboyasu by his side and the others following behind them.

"Do you think it will be awkward?", Kuboyasu asked, giving Kaidou a sideways glance. The blue-haired boy shrugged his shoulders.

"I think it will be fine, I'm just so surprised by how soon it is. I mean I'm meeting him tomorrow, I can't help but feel excited but also a little nervous as well", he explained, rubbing the back of his neck. The spectacled boy nodded his head, surveying Kaidou's expression. He was obviously anxious about meeting a complete stranger but the smile on the boy's face showed excitement as well. As one of his friends, the best that he could do was support him and hope that nothing bad would happen.

(Y/n)

You quickly finished your last math equation before closing your book and reaching for your lunch. You were overjoyed with the thought of playing Lunar fields with Kaidou afterschool. He had texted you to let you know that he didn't have cram school and his mother was away so he could play it for as long as he wanted. You couldn't wait to stay up late playing with him and then being able to finally meet him the next day. You were ecstatic and everyone around you could see you radiating pure happiness.

The sound of the roof door startled you, making you turn around to see who it was that had come up onto the roof. Tsume meet your gaze and let out a sigh as he walked in your direction, taking a seat next to you.

"Why are you so happy today? Did something happen?", he asks, one of his eyebrows raised. You blushed lightly at the thought of your plans for tonight and tomorrow.

"Well, Kaidou and I planned to meet in person tomorrow", you admit. Tsume's emotionless expression turned into one of disgust and disappointment.

"You're not going". Your eyes widened and excited aura disappeared.

"But we already planned it all out. Why? Why can't I meet him?", you asked, frowning. Tsume sighed and moved closer to comfort you. Not feeling too happy, you dodged his touch, pulling your bag towards yourself so you had something to hold onto.

"He's a stranger, (Y/n). What if I were to tell Haruka-san about Lunar fields and how you play with random people? You know how she is about strangers". You rested your forehead on the top of your bag, gripping onto it tightly. You were really upset about this, to the point where if he were to say anything else about it you thought you would start crying.

"You wouldn't do that, Tsume", you whispered.

"You know how much this game means to me".  You stared him directly in the eyes, showing him just how important this was all to you. He knew about your situation and the way others treated you, they'd do the same to him if they knew his affiliation with you. Letting out a long sigh he pushed back his hair, closing his eyes.

"Fine, I'll let you go but only on one condition". Your face lit up. You pushed your bag off of the seat and hugged him suddenly.

"What is it? I'll do anything". He gave a rare smile at just how excited you were but he didn't let you see it. He pet your head with one hand and rubbed your back with the other. It was a comforting gesture which made you hug him even tighter.

"I'm coming with you". Your eyes widened a little, it took you a while to process what he had just said. You slowly pulled away and looked up at him, noticing just how serious he was about this.

"What do you mean by that?", you asked him. He stood up, slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"It means that I'll be coming with you while you meet him. If he is who he says he is, a high school boy, then I'll let you two do your thing. But if he's not, if he's an old creep then I'll be dragging you out of there and you will be deleting that game. Do you understand?". Your gaze met the floor, your lips forming a line.

"Okay but if he is who he says he is, does that mean I get to keep the game?", you ask hopefully. Tsume lets out another sigh.

"Whatever, if he's who he says he is then you can play with your boyfriend for however long you want". Your face turned bright red at his comment.

"H-he isn't my boyfriend!", you yelled at him as he walked towards the roof door. Tsume chuckled quietly, sending you a small smirk before leaving the roof.

Kaidou

Kaidou entered his bedroom, leaving his school bag by the door. He quickly changed out of his uniform and then sat at his desk, clicking his fingers before opening up his laptop. He loaded up Lunar fields with a large smile on his face. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his phone, quickly sending you a message before logging into his account. The sight of his cloak covered avatar made his smile widen even more. A vibration from his phone let him know that you were going on as well. He was overjoyed that the two of you would get to play for so long, he was the only one home, his younger brother and sister were staying somewhere else that night.

Once the game had fully loaded he looked around to see that he was where the two of you left off. You had built a small cottage like structure in the middle of one of the many forests to keep the enemies away while the two of you were offline. He walked around the small house and into your room where he saw your avatar asleep.

_RedRumReaper_
Offline

He waited patiently in your room, hoping that you would come on soon. After a few minutes, he decided to actually check the text you had sent him.

(L/n)-
Hey, I'll be on in a minute. I just have to help someone with their homework

He cocked an eyebrow at the message before sending a reply.

Kaidou-
Like a sibling? Who're you helping?

He waited for a reply, smiling once he received it.

(L/n)-
Yeah, my little sister, Niko needed some help with her math homework

Kaidou was sure that he had heard that name somewhere before. Remembering that it was you who had said that name, he began scrolling through all of the messages you two shared until he came across the name Niko again. It was the text where you talked about your friends, you mentioned the name Niko and then two other names, Tsume and Umi. He thought that it was a coincidence since he couldn't quite explain it. Perhaps two people had the same name, it wasn't like that was impossible. Putting his phone down he lent back in his chair, watching your avatar awaken.

_RedRumReaper_ is now online

I wanted to update again so here you are! You get to meet in the next chapter! Woohoo, finally. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD