18. Honesty

The day went by quickly. With each class, you became more excited to hang out with Kaidou after school. People around school gave you strange looks because of the way you continually smiled, looking obviously happy about something. For a constantly positive person that would be normal behaviour but since you were so reserved and kept your head down at school, this was seen as an oddity. Being in such a good mood, you greeted many of your peers, even some who you had never spoken to before. All sense of shame and fear had disappeared, some even asked if there was a new student in their class.

When the final bell went, you shot up out of your desk and hurried out of the classroom. No one else had even had the chance to get up, you were already gone. Not wanting to seem too eager, you slowed down once you reached the main corridor, leaving through the front doors at a easygoing pace. You guessed that you would be waiting in front of the school for Kaidou since he also attended school, but were surprised when you saw him standing by the gate. His back faced the school but you could recognise him by his fluffy-looking, light blue hair.

Wanting to give him a fright, you snuck up behind him. But before you jumped out, you noticed that he was talking to himself. Leaning closer, you tried to listen in on what he was saying.

"They're around here, I can feel it. But the Jet black wing will always prevail. Dark reunion think they can torture me with this silence, however, they don't know the full extent of my power." You raised an eyebrow, biting your lip to stop your laughter as Kaidou let out a dark chuckle.

"They must all be working with Dark reunion," he mutters, staring over at the bus stop where many students stood, awaiting to be taken them home. His eyes then drifted to a nearby tree, scanning the branches intensely.

"They probably have spies hiding in the trees. I can't see them at the moment, they must have some kind of high-tech camouflage gear or perhaps an invisbility cloak." That was it, that was all that you could take. You bursted out laughing, having a startled, red-faced Kaidou turn around. You continued laughing, not being able to get over his random comments of suspicion.

Minutes later, when you eventually managed to stop laughing, you stood up straight and faced the blushing boy.

"What was that about?" you question, trying your hardest to hold the laughter back. He looks toward the ground in embarrassment. You watch as he opens his mouth a few times, trying to say something but he eventually gives up. Feeling a little guilty for the sad look on his face, you placed a hand on his shoulder while smiling kindly at him. When he looked up and saw your expression, he relaxed slightly.

"Hey, it's fine. I'm sorry that I was laughing at you, I just couldn't help myself. I promise that I don't think it's weird or anything, I just wasn't expecting it," you explain. He nods his head in understanding, his frown curving up into a nervous smile.

"R-really? Anyway, I'm sorry for going quiet on you after you heard all that. I thought if you knew about it you would think I was crazy and not wanna hang out with me or something." You sigh and pet his head affectionately, making his face heat up even more than it was originally.

"Of course, I thought it was cute. I only laughed because I was surprised, I didn't expect you to be a chuunibyou." He nods his head, keeping his eyes focused on the ground.

"Anyway, do you wanna head to the gaming cafe now?" you ask, "If we wait too long we might not get to the computers in time," you suggest. He quickly nods.

"Of course, it's this way," he says, pointing to the right. You nod and walk by his side down the street, passing many students from your school. This surprised them even more. Now the quiet orphan girl wasn't only ecstatic the entire day but now heading into town with a boy. You knew that they were looking at you, you just though it would be smart to ignore it. It was unfortunate that Kaidou noticed it.

His eyes met many of those which belonged to confused students from your school. He raised an eyebrow before turing to you.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" he asks, trying to get your attention. You hum in response, your eyes staring straight ahead of you.

"Why is everyone looking at us?" You glance at Kaidou in the corner of your eye, trying to figure out what emotion his face showed. Confusion, concern, worry? It seemed as if it were multiple, no one emotion was shown. You let out a sigh, keeping your eyes on your feet as you walked.

"I wanna be honest with you, okay? That's only because I trust you." You paused, being able to feel Kaidou's eyes on you as you spoke.

"I don't have any friends at school, I never have. I don't mind it though, there are people that I'm close with that go to the same school as me but we aren't friends. Sorry that I lied to you ealier while we were texting about friends and stuff, I just didn't want you to think I was a loser," you admit. He gives a slow nod before poking your shoulder. You look up at him, noticing the compassionate closed eyed smile he was giving.

"It's fine, I didn't have any friends in elementary or middle school so I understand. It was only until I got this necklace that I was able to make heaps of friends at highschool," he says, holding out the necklace which he had tied around his neck. You eyed the jewelery, curious as to how it had any affect on the making of friends. Looking down at the necklace himself, his face suddenly lit up. He reached his hands behind he neck and began fiddling with the clasp. Once he got it off he offered it to you.

"Here. Since you're finding it hard to make friends, you can take this and you'll make loads. I promise you that it works, it worked for me," he enthuses. You stare down at the necklace in your hand as the two of you continue walking.

"Are you sure? I don't want to take away something that's yours." Kaidou quickly shakes his head as you try to give it back.

"No, please I insist that you have it. It means a lot to me, I made a lot of friends with it including you. If I can find someone as amazing as you, you'll definetely find more friends." Your face heated up as you listened to his words of praise. Kaidou, realising what he had just said covered his red face in embarassment.

"S-sorry, I meant what I said. I just didn't expect it to come out like that, please don't be mad at me," he pleads. You couldn't help but giggle at how cowardly he was acting. Normally, someone would feel sorry for him or be annoyed, but you were neither. Even though Kaidou wasn't the bravest of people, you still loved being around him. You had always wanted a friend, never once did you ask for a hero.

Smiling down at the necklace you let out a sigh as you gave in. After Kaiou's compliment and this entire conversation, you decided to accept the necklace.

"Okay, fine. I'll keep it, but only because it's from you. Also could you help me put it on?", you ask. The both of you stop walking. You hand the boy the necklace and remain still as he moves behind you to put it on you. Pushing your hair aside, he reaches around and then clips the necklace together at the back. He then takes a step to the side, returning to his place beside you.

"How does it look?" you ask, fixing your hair. He smiles tenderly at you, his blush still evident.

"I-I think it looks great, it really suits you." Your face lit up, your cheeks tinting a faint pink. Letting out some nervousl laughter, your hand instinctively moved to the back of your neck. Now you could feel the necklace's latch against the palm of your hand.

"Thank you," you replied.

The two of you stood without saying a word, both feeling too anxious and afraid to break the awkward silence. Looking up, you noticed the gaming cafe not too far away, it was only up the street. The sign was visible from where the two of you were standing. Feeling a rush of excitement, you took Kaidou's hand and began running towards the cafe.

"W-what are you doing?" he panics, looking around to see if he can figure out your sudden actions. You point ahead with your free hand, getting him to notice the sign up ahead. When he saw it he smiled widely, no longer being pulled along by you. You ran along side each other and even though you could've at any time, you didn't let go of each others hands.

If you don't know what a chuunibyou is, chuunibyou syndrome is when someone starts acting delusional, thinking that they have powers and such. In the comments I could see that people couldn't wait to see him act in his second personality and I couldn't wait to write about it too. Honestly love it and him, hope I portrayed it well enough. Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD