23. Haunted house

With Kaidou, you had a look at lots of different classes and their projects. There were even a few cafes which you got to choose from. Looking at the map, you eyed the four cafes.

"Hm, what do you feel like eating?" you ask, looking up at him. He panics and looks down at the map. You noticed his eyes linger on the maid cafe.

"We can go to the maid cafe if you want?" you suggest, laughing at how his cheeks burned red.

"Huh, really?" You nod, looking at the map to read the short description.

"Of course, besides, it says they have butlers too." He looked back down at the map, now noticing that small text which did say they had butlers. Remaining silent, he stared at it for quite some time until you got his attention.

"Hey, is something wrong? We don't have to go if you don't want to." He suddenly jumped, his eyes wide as he shook his head, his fluffy hair bouncing with each shake.

"N-no, let's go." He didn't seem to agree with his own words but you didn't want to miss the opportunity to see some cute ass butlers.

Walking down the hall, you noticed that Kaidou walked slower. He obviously didn't want to go to the maid cafe anymore, you wondered what it was that changed his mind about the cafe.

Entering the class where the cafe was held, you were escorted to your table by both a maid and a butler. They helped you into your seats before leaving to let you look at the menu. So far it was nice, the class was decorated nicely and the costumes looked very well made. This was your first time going to a cafe like this, you never had before. The main reasons being that you were short on money and barely left your house, you were sure that there was a butler cafe somewhere in town but weren't sure exactly where.

The butlers were very kind to you, it was their job, but some seemed a little too kind. Holding your hand, trying to feed you and wiping your face. It was strange having them so close, especially since they were such attractive guys. Kaidou didn't seem to notice the maid which had been assigned to him even though she pestered him a lot. Instead, he watched you as the butlers did anything they could to assist you.

"Would you like some more tea, madame?" one asked, holding a teapot in his white gloved hands. You smiled, nodding slowly.

"Um, yes please." He returned the smile and filled your cup again before leaving and returning to their makeshift kitchen. Kaidou noticed how overly caring the butlers acted towards you, feeling oddly jealous. Finishing your food, the two of you stood and began packing up to leave. Two of the butlers rushed to your side and handed you a brown paper bag.

"Enjoy the rest of your day," they called as Kaidou pulled you away. Once he stopped, you go the opportunity to look inside. Only then did you notice the two slices of cake as well as a piece of paper, holding various phone numbers. Your face heated up at the sight of it, this was new for you. Never before had anyone given you their number, but now you seemed to have the phone number of every butler in the cafe. Kaidou peeked over your shoulder and noticed the note, a sad expression washing over his face. For the first time, you noticed it. You saw how disappointed and hurt he was, even though it made you feel bad, it gave you hope. You knew you held feelings for him, maybe this meant he reciprocated them. Trying to keep you mind off of it, you decided to start some conversation. Since the cafe idea hadn't gone too well, you wanted to do something that the two of you would enjoy.

"So, what do you want to do next?" you ask him, peeking over at the map he was looking down at.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe go to the library, I heard that they're playing music there." It sounded interesting but sitting in a room, watching an amateur band wasn't something you were fond of.