20. Definitely not a date

Once your time was up, the two of you finished the food and drinks you had bought and left, not forgetting to thank the owner on the way out. As the two of you walked down the street, you noticed that Kaidou was looking at you again. You turn your head and meet his eyes.

"You've been looking at me a lot today, is something wrong?" you question. He quickly shakes his head.

"No, I'm okay. I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out for a little longer, we only really got an hour in the gaming cafe. We could go see a movie or get ice cream or something," he suggests, refusing to meet your gaze. You give a slow nod, your cheeks tinted a light pink. They seemed like things couples would do while on a date, you had to keep reminding yourself that it was only friends hanging out because you kept secretly hoping it was something else. You let out a sigh which didn't go unnoticed.

"Hey, is something wrong? You're looking a little down." You looked up and met his eyes.

"Nope, I just wanted to say yes. I'd like to do something like that." The two of you kept walking, not saying a word due to how awkward the air had become. You were sure that Kaidou had noticed it but he looked normal, shy yet happy to be hanging out with you.

"Do you wanna see a movie? They have that new superhero one on, I haven't seen it yet but I'd like too. I mean, only if that's something you'd like to see, I'll watch whatever you want to," he added, panicking in hope that he didn't offend you in any way. You giggled.

"It's fine, I wanna see it too. Let's go see it, alright."

The two of you got tickets to the movie and entered the theatre, not forgetting to get some food. You really enjoyed seeing it, especially with each other. There were no problems at all besides accidentally reaching into the popcorn at the same time and being told off for laughing too loudly.

After the movie, the two of you wanted to hang out even more and talk about the movie so you went out for ice cream. Since Kaidou had paid for the movie, you made sure to be quick and pay for the ice cream. You could tell that he wanted to pay but wouldn't let him.

Currently, the two of you were walking around a park close to the orphanage, it was starting to get dark. But even so, neither of you wished to leave, you were having too much fun. It was only when your phone went off that you and Kaidou stopped talking.

Reaching into your pocket, you pulled out your phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n), what did I tell you about staying out late and not telling me?" you were scolded. Your eyes widened in shock. You had forgotten to text Haruka and let her know that you would be staying out longer.

"Sorry, Haruka-san. I completely forgot," you apologise. You could hear her let out a long sigh, her pacing was evident with the sound of the floorboards creaking with every step.

"Well, you better get back here now, dinner's almost ready and Umi said that you promised to sit next to her tonight, she won't shut up about it." She then hung up. You let out a long breath and turned to Kaidou.

"I'm sorry but I have to go home now, bye." He gives a slow nod and watches as you turn, beginning to walk away. But before you get too far, he stopped you.

"Hey, wait a second!" he calls, running up and grabbing your hand to stop you. You turned and faced him, wondering what he wanted. Noticing he was holding your hand, he released it and took a step back.

"My school is holding a festival next week on Wednesday afternoon, I'd be really happy if you could make it." Your cheeks heated up at the request but you managed to hide it. He wanted you to go...

"Okay sure, I'll be there if you want me to. What is your class doing?" He let out some nervous laughter as he rested his hand on the back of his neck.

"We're all collecting cool looking rocks but that isn't the point. I thought we could go around the school and look at other classes together, they have lots of different food and I think a few are doing plays." You smiled gently and stepped forward, leaning up to place a kiss on his cheek. Not only was Kaidou surprised by this, but you were also, your body had moved on its own. You took a step back and kept your head down, not wanting him to see how red your face.

"We can text tomorrow, I'll see you later." You then turned and hurried off in the direction of the orphanage, hoping that Haruka wouldn't be too mad at you.

Arriving at the orphanage, Haruka welcomed you home without telling you off. Instead, she pushed Umi towards you and gave you the responsibility of putting her and the other kids her age to bed later on as a punishment. After dinner, you spent over half an hour getting them ready and then an hour putting them all in bed before you could head to your own room.

When you got there, you were surprised to see that Tsume was sitting on your bed with his usual manga in hand. Hearing the door open, he looked up at you.

"Finally back, huh?" he asks. You nod your head, making your way over to the bed, collapsing on it. Tsume eyed your exhausted figure.

"Was putting the kids to bed really that hard?". You groaned into the mattress.

"Yes, Hana asked me a million questions and Kentaro needed to get up for four glasses of water and then to the bathroom after that," you complained. The raven-haired boy snickered and turned the page of his manga.

"And I'm guessing you have a lot on your mind after your date as well?" he teases. You roll your eyes and lift your head to send him a glare.

"It wasn't a date." He shrugs his shoulders while prodding your tired body with his foot.

"Ok then, tell me what happened and I'll tell you whether or not it was a date." You smirked at the challenge and decided to do so.

"Fine. First, he picked me up from school and walked to a gaming cafe where we played Lunar fields for an hour," you say. He nods his head, half listening while he continues to read.

"After that, he said he wanted to hang out more so we went and saw a movie. Then we went and got ice cream, finishing off by walking around the park," you say with a wide, confident smile. Tsume lets out a hum.

"The beginning sounded like friends hanging out but then the last was definitely a date," he says bluntly. You couldn't help but glare at him again.

"Friends can go to the movies and get ice cream together!" you argue. He sends you a smug smile.

"I know that but friends don't kiss goodbye." Your face turned bright red.

"W-what are you talking about?" you mutter. His smug expression remained on his face as he stared down at you.

"I was at the park and I saw you." You turned your face away from him.

"My body moved on its own and you're making it sound worse than it was, it was only on the cheek."

"But there isn't much of a distance between cheeks and lips, before you know it you'll be mouth to mouth and then you won't be able to deny it." Now feeling equally confused and annoyed, you grabbed a pillow and hid your face it.

"We're only friends," you muttered quietly. Tsume sighed and got up, heading towards the door.

"Whatever, anyway that Nitori guy came over today and was talking to Haruka-san." Your head shot up when you heard that, curious as to why he was here. But it completely slipped your mind when you remembered everything that had happened during the day with Kaidou. Your face burned as you thought about Kaidou, you were sure that you two were only friends but at the moment you felt as if he meant so much more to you.

Development! Glad to have another "date" with my very special yet delusional boy. Love writing cute scenes with him cause he tops them off with being a cinnamon roll. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD