14. Kindness

On Monday morning a red-faced boy entered his classroom, his friends immediately rushing to his side. He was bombarded by questions about his weekend and his new friend, but he didn't hear of them. He was finding it hard to focus because they all spoke at the same time and with each word he picked up he could only relate it to the events of Saturday. The last time he had spoken to his new friend was last night after she finished her shift at the cafe they went to a day earlier. He opened his mouth to speak but found it difficult, what was it that he could say to answer all of these questions being thrown at him? Nothing really. The stress of all of this immediately disappeared as the bell sounded. His friends sighed and went to their desks before the teacher could tell them off, leaving the boy alone with his thoughts. The entire morning he found it hard to think, it were the constant thoughts of what happened on Saturday which never left his mind. But looking even deeper into it, he remember that he would be able to talk to his new friend again that afternoon after she had visited the hospital. He rested his cheek in the palm of his hand as he stared blankly at the back of the person sitting in front of him. He did wish to speak to someone about what happened, all he had to do was wait until lunch.

"So how did the meet up go?" Kuboyasu asks, taking a seat across from Kaidou at their usual lunch table. The blue-haired boy looked up at his spectacled friend and sighed, it was quite out of character for him to act this way. Kaidou wanted to talk about it but hesitated to do so, now noticing a few more of his friends approaching his table. Hairo, Nendou and Saiki sat with him, their attention immediately focusing on the poor boy.

"How did the meet up go?" Hairo asks as soon as he takes a seat. All eyes locked onto Kaidou's nervous figure, watching as he fidgeted with the bandages wrapped around his forearms.

"Well, it was good." Kuboyasu stared at his friend with dull eyes.

"Are you kidding? You've spent so long talking to this guy and after you finally meet all you can say is that it was 'good'?". Kaidou quickly shakes his head.

"Wait, no. I um... it's hard to explain," he groans, leaning back in his seat. His eyes scanned the ceiling, wanting to look at anything that wasn't going to ask him questions about (Y/n).

"Tell us," Kuboyasu ordered in a threatening matter, a terrifying aura surrounding him. Jumping in fright at the sight of his friend, who he knew to previously be a delinquent, he gave a determined nod.

"Okay, I'll you what happened but you have to keep it a secret, okay?" The other's at the table nod and lean in to catch the details of whatever it was that Kaidou was about to share.

"We planned to meet up at a cafe to get to know each other before we went to an arcade not too far away. When I got there, there were so many people they could've possibly be. I had my own idea of they would look like but no one fit the description. They texted me their exact whereabouts in the cafe and once I got there I was really confused. There was a guy and a girl sitting there. I went to introduce myself to the guy but he just moved my attention to the girl, she was the one I had been playing with this whole time," he admits, the red color of his face showing just how embarrassed he was to tell his friends about it.

"So, is she your girlfriend now, Runt?" Nendou asks in a bored tone. If possible, Kaidou's face would've gone redder.

"What? No, of course not. We're just friends!" he defends. Kuboyasu smirks, resting his elbows on the table as he leans forward to look more intimidating.

"I can tell that you like her a little bit, your face is so red right now that I can feel heat radiating off it from over here," the purple-haired boy chuckles teasingly. Kaidou huffs and turns away in embarrassment.