12. Incorrect assumptions

Kaidou glanced between you and Tsume a few times before realizing what was going on. He awkwardly extended his hand, shaking yours. Tsume smirked before turning and walking towards the cafe exit. You and Kaidou stood still, watching as he left the two of you alone. Once the bell on the door sounded the two of you made brief eye contact, it was Kaidou who looked away first, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry if I've made this awkward but I thought that you were a guy," he admitted, sending you a nervous smile. You were surprised by his assumption but found no offence in it.

"Oh sorry about that, I guess the username and avatar gave off that kinda vibe," you giggle nervously, trying to calm the pinkness of your cheeks. It was the same for you, Kaidou wasn't what you expected. You thought it would be a nerdy-looking guy but you couldn't help but think that he was the cutest boy on the planet. Taking a deep breath you decided to say something, it was a shame that one of the waitresses interrupted.

"Can I get you two something?" she asks sweetly, sending you a wink. You knew her since you two worked together, her name was Hatsuko. She was a bit of a tease so you weren't surprised by her behaviour and you knew if you stayed she would torment you both. That wasn't going to help build a proper friendship between you and Kaidou. Trying to think of a way out of the situation you looked to Kaidou who looked just as nervous and unsure as you. He didn't seem to even be thinking of how to answer so it was all up to you. Sending her a friendly smile you shook your head, taking Kaidou's hand.

"No, we're actually going to go to the arcade and come back later," you say, leading the confused boy towards the door. Hatsuko smirks at you when you look back, she knew what you were up to. You kept ahold of Kaidou's hand and pulled him out of the cafe, letting out a sigh of relief once you were out.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" he asks. You give a quick nod, smiling brightly at him.

"Yeah, of course. Sorry about that, the waitress's name is Hatsuko and I work with her so I know what she's like. We can come back later when her shift is over and get something to eat, but that's only if it's okay with you," you explain, looking him directly in the eye. He nods in response, his gaze shifting down to your connected hands. You followed his eyes and immediately released him once you realised you had been holding his hand the entire time. Both of your faces were on fire.

"S-sorry about that," you apologize, trying not to make eye contact.

"Oh no, it's fine. Let's head down to the arcade now," he suggests, changing the subject. The two of you crossed the street and walked towards the building at the end of the street. It wasn't as popular as it used to be but it was still in business somehow and even though they didn't buy new machines often you still loved the place.

You smiled widely as the arcade came into view. Kaidou noticed your expression, a small smile spreading across his own face.

"You seem so excited about the arcade, is there a reason for that?" he asks. You give an enthusiastic nod.

"Of course! I used to come here all the time when I was younger, my mom really loved to play video games so she brought me here often," you explained. You approached the front glass door and pushed it open to reveal the old arcade that you knew and loved. The games didn't have to be new, all they had to do was be there. You noticed an unfamiliar man sitting behind the counter, reading a book. You had never seen him before. When he heard the door opening he looked up, his face lighting up. There weren't many others in the arcade, only a few elementary school kids and two middle school girls using the photo booth.

"Afternoon," he greeted, nodding towards you. You smiled back before turning to Kaidou, watching him as his eyes scanned the many different arcade machines.