31. Guilt

Kaidou stared at the boy before him with widening eyes.

"Huh? Really? Can you really help?" he asked, excitement evident in his voice. Tsume nodded, closing his book and returning it to his bag. Their gaze met, Tsume noticing how the blue-haired teen had cheered up.

"We grew up in the same orphanage together. When she first arrived, she was really upset and wouldn't talk to anyone. I was the first person she opened up to. I'm only a year older so we got along quite well, she's one of the only people I'm comfortable around but..." he trailed off, a conflicted look occupying his features.

"But what?" Kaidou pressed, not having the patience to wait. He needed your location and he needed it now.

"She was adopted. We're all sad that she's gone but happy at the same time, now she gets what she wanted from the beginning. Friends, a proper family, a better life in general. She's not unwanted anymore." Kaidou's excitement lessened as he listened to the older boy's words, finding himself to be a little annoyed.

"(Y/n) was never unwanted by me," he declared. Tsume snickered and glanced up to meet a look of confidence on the boy's face.

"You think I don't know that, kid. And it wasn't only you, (Y/n) cheered up a lot after she started talking to you. She would smile whenever she got a text and get all nervous about what she was going to say." Kuro let out a small chuckle, remembering everything that had happened these past few months.

"I secretly hoped that the day you met that you would be someone she couldn't be friends with. Like an old man or something, then the two of us would've gone to the arcade together and then home like usual. It's selfish of me to think like that and I hate myself for it but I can't deny it, (Y/n) means a lot to me. So if I tell you where she is, you have to promise you'll look after her." For the first time Tsume showed some vulnerability. He sent a crooked smile but Kaidou knew that he was trying his hardest, from now and the other time he had meet him all he got was zero emotion or a smirk. He suited a smile. Kaidou stood from his seat and bowed.

"I promise that I'll take care of her, even if she rejects me and only wants to be friends. I just want to be close to her," he admits, his cheeks growing dark from his own confession.

"I like her a lot, way more than I can even comprehend. Not knowing anything about her whereabouts is driving me insane, I can't deal with it. If I can't be with her then I'm gonna have to try to forget and that's going to hurt way more than anything else. And again I will take care of her, I promise" Tsume sighed and stood, patting the blunette's shoulder.

"I trust that you will."

Kaidou's mind went blank for a second as he stared down at a piece of paper Tsume had handed him. It had an address on it, one which he knew the whereabouts of. It was located in the same neighborhood as his friend, Saiki. Saying a quick thank you to Tsume, he rushed off and towards the written address.

His heart beat quickly as adrenaline pumped through his veins, from the exercise and the thought of seeing you again. He needed to make sure you were okay and now that he had the confidence, tell you how he felt.

--------------------------------

You groaned as you pushed you self to sit up in your desk chair. Looking up at your computer screen it read something which annoyed you. This message was supposed to be celebratory but you weren't feeling it. Playing Lunar fields without Kaidou was strange.

Congratulations, you've reached level 499

You continued to stare at the screen, stretching out your tired muscles and rubbing your aching back. Sleeping on your computer desk wasn't the smartest thing to do. You knew that you had stayed up very late last night. You remembered looking at the clock and reading 6 am, no memories after that could be conjured up.