30. Help

Kaidou walked, not looking up. He didn't care where he went, all he wanted was to either be alone or see you. This plagued his mind so much that he didn't notice where he was going or the danger he was putting himself in.

"Out of the way, kid!" someone yelled, grabbing him by his upper arms and running with him out of the way. A car beeped at them, a man swearing out the window as he drove. Naturally, Kaidou's heart rate increased, he had nearly been hit by that car.

Once he had calmed himself enough, he looked up to see a raven-haired male, his hands resting on his knees as he puffed. It took barely a minute for him to regain his breath, his attention focusing on Kaidou.

"Got a death wish?" he asked him, not  happy with what had just happened. The blue-haired teen shook his head, looking up at the boy that was obviously older than him.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," he panicked, hoping that the guy would cut him some slack. The taller male sighed and placed his hands on Kaidou's shoulders, stopping him from shaking. Kaidou hadn't noticed that it was happening until the boy did this.

"Dude, chill out for a bit. Come with me." Not knowing what else to do and not wanting to disobey the boy that was bigger and definitely stronger than him, he followed. They walked through a familiar part of town, one which Kaidou had only been to before with you. He recognized the park and walked past the arcade, this time it was closed. He continued to follow the black-haired teen, entering a cafe. The boy grabbed the Kaidou by the wrist and pulled to a booth in the corner, forcing him to sit down.

"You're still panicking and shaking, just sit back and try to relax." Kaidou listened and attempted to, leaning back against the cushioned seat while trying to register everything that was happening around him. He was in a cafe, one which looked oddly familiar, with a guy he felt he had seen before. He couldn't quite pin down where but he knew that he had been in his presence. The guy got up and went to the counter, paid for something and returned to the booth.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked Kaidou. The blunette gave a crooked smile, trying to relax.

"A little better, not much though." The ravenette heaved a sigh and lent back in his own seat, arms resting behind his head.

"The name's Tsume by the way, you got one?" Kaidou nodded.

"Yeah, Kaidou Shun and thank you for saving me back there." Tsume shrugged his shoulders, opening his bag and pulling out a manga. Kaidou had noticed that this Tsume guy was reserved and acted with little emotion. He was sure he had heard that name before but he couldn't recall where.

Five minutes passed and a woman in her early twenties walked over, placing two hot drinks on the table.

"Enjoy," she said with a closed eyed smile. She opened them a second later, raising an eyebrow at Tsume.

"Huh? Tsume, you came here without her?" she asked. He shrugged his shoulders, pulling his drink closer to himself.

"She doesn't live nearby anymore, it's not like we can hang out like we used to." Even though he used his usual emotionless voice, both Kaidou and the woman could sense his sadness. Her eyes then drifted to the blue-haired boy, widening.

"Aren't you that kid that was here with (Y/n)?" she asked, leaning closer to get a better look at him. Kaidou nodded quickly, staring up at the woman hopefully.

"Your name was a food, right? Dango, was it? Do you know where (Y/n) is?" he asked, his desperation returning. She giggles at his failed attempt at her nickname, pushing her long hair over her shoulder.

"It's mochi and I haven't got a clue, all I know is that she resigned and isn't working here anymore. Such a shame, I'm gonna miss working with her," she pouts. She snaps out of her mood, straightening up and smiling down at them.

"Well, good luck on your search, I'll ask around and see if I can find anything out for you." Kaidou thanked her as his gaze feel to the tabletop, ignoring the drink that had been placed in front of him. Tsume continued reading through his manga and caught Kaidou's attention by clicking his fingers. His head shot up, meeting the older boy's dull gaze.

"Drink up, thought you might want it to calm down after almost getting hit by that car." Kaidou pulled the drink to him and took a long sip.

"Thanks again," he muttered, not feeling up to smiling or anything relatively positive. It was then that Tsume lost interest in his manga and focused his attention on the depressed-looking teen. Kaidou didn't even notice that he was being watched, he just keep his eyes on the table as he occasionally sipped at his drink, mind full of unwanted thoughts.

"So, you're that guy?" the raven-haired boy asked, leaning back in his seat. Kaidou shyly looked up at him.

"Who?"

"The one that (Y/n) always talks to?" The blunette nodded in an enthusiastic fashion.

"Yes, we talk everyday!" he announces, jumping up from his seat and standing with his hands laying flat on the table. Now noticing that everyone had turned because of his outburst, he sat down and looked down with pink cheeks.

Over a minute of silence, Tsume noticed how Kaidou's expression changed. His flustered face and small smile disappeared, being replaced by a frown and downcast eyes.

"Or at least we used to." Tsume continued to watch him, his cheek resting in the palm of his hand.

"Hey, kid." Kaidou glanced up at him, looking obviously worried and distressed.

"I can help you." Kaidou's eyes widened, mouth hanging open from shock.

"H-how?" he stuttered out, unable to hide his desperation now that his hope returned.

"I know where (Y/n) is."

So sad that this story is almost over. Thank you to everyone who started reading from the beginning and those who have joined along the way. I am grateful for all of your support and feedback.