21. Lone wolf

A week went by and with every day the festival at Kaidou's school grew closer. You were nervous about going to his school, meeting his friends would inevitable. It was stressful to think about but you were also excited, you were going to spend the entire afternoon with Kaidou.

Currently, you were walking to his school, PK academy. You had gotten out of class over ten minutes ago and left immediately so you wouldn't be late. Kaidou had texted you in the morning, saying that he'd meet you at the school gate so you wouldn't get lost. According to him, the school was very big and there were some creeps around. You wondered what he meant by that, you just didn't hope it was as serious as he made it out to be.

Even though you and Kaidou texted and called each other every day, both when you were playing Lunar fields or in your spare time, it wasn't awkward. After the kiss, you had expected it to feel weird but it worked out. You both decided to ignore what happened and act as if it hadn't happened. But this made you feel somewhat upset, you weren't sure about the reason for this so you brushed it off.

After walking for another twenty minutes, you arrived at PK academy. Kaidou was right, it looked like a very large school, one much bigger than your own. Making your way to the gate, you pulled out your phone and sent Kaidou a message to let him know you were there. Looking around, you couldn't see him so you decided to stand outside the school and wait.

After over 5 minutes of waiting, not having any reply or indication of whether Kaidou was there or not, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You thought that it would be Kaidou but when you turned, you were met with the sight of purple hair. It was a boy who wore a white headband, his uniform shirt unbuttoned to reveal a blue one beneath and a red bead necklace. Tilting your head in confusion, you eyed the boy that you had never seen nor come in contact with before now.

"Hey there, cutie," he greets with a wink. This was an obvious attempt at flirting with you... it didn't work. You didn't respond, instead, you stared blankly at him. It was a tactic you had picked up from Tsume, if you stare at someone long enough they'll eventually get creeped out and leave you alone. He did it to the younger children so they wouldn't bother him while he read. The boy averted his gaze, chuckling to lighten the tension in the atmosphere.

"Not a girl of many words, eh? That's fine, I was wondering if you wanted to come inside me with me. I could buy you something to eat, maybe we could check out  some of the other classes projects." You immediately shock your head.

"I'm sorry uh..."

"Toritsuka."

"Right, Toritsuka. I'm actually supposed to be meeting someone here, I can't go with you," you apologize. He sighs and then smiles brightly soon after, it looked as if he had come up with an idea. He rested his arm against the gate and leaned against it so he was closer to you.

"Did I mention that I'm a medium?" You raised an eyebrow.

"A medium what?" He chuckles, smirking down at you.

"Not the size, I mean that I can see ghosts," he explains. You hum in response.

"Okay, so how is this relevant or useful at all?" you question. He sweatdrops, it was obvious that none of this was impressing you.

"Well, I can tell you what your guardian spirit is." This piqued your interest. You stood in silence for a second before meeting his eyes.

"Okay, what is then?" He looked around, stopping when it looked like he was gazing behind you. You turned as well but nothing was there.

"Wow, I've never seen someone have a guardian spirit that's just a singular wolf," he thinks aloud. You raised an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?", you ask. He rests his hand on the back of his neck, leaning back to look at the sky.

"People with wolves as their guardian spirits are usually surrounded by others with the same, just like how wolves in a pack stick together." You stare at the purple-haired boy carefully, it didn't look like a joke or anything so you decided to believe him.

"Okay then, what does the wolf look like?" He looks behind you again and hums, resting his hand on his chin.

"He's big and his face is covered in scars as if he's been in many fights. Yet since he's still alive, he's survived them all. He's a lone wolf, he's either been abandoned or he's gone off on his own. And what's this, I think you have another... is that a chihuahua?" he asks.

"(Y/n)!" When your name was called, you turned to see who it was. You were grateful to see Kaidou standing next to you, his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. While he puffed, you took the opportunity to look back at Toritsuka.

"So what was that about a chihuahua?" you question. He groans at the sight of the blue-haired boy, faking a smile as he turned back to you.

"It's nothing, it was just Kaidou's guardian spirit." You choked as you tried to hold back your laughter, Kaidou's face was no longer red from running but embarrassment.

"I can't believe your guardian spirit is a chihuahua," you tease. He avoids eye contact and stands awkwardly by your side, too nervous to say anything. Once you calmed down, you smiled reassuringly at him.

"Hey, it's fine." He relaxed a little but jolted when Toritsuka cleared his throat, trying to regain your attention.

"So uh, since that person hasn't shown up do you want to go inside?" he asks again. Shaking your head, you link your arms with Kaidou.

"They're already here, thanks for the offer though." Before he could even argue or beg, you turned around and began pulling Kaidou towards the school.

"Sorry, I didn't come earlier. I didn't have my phone on me while we were finishing up our classroom. I should've been there to get you as soon as you got here, Toritsuka is a real pervert," he explains. You nod your head.

"I guess he did try and flirt with me, it didn't really work out for him though. I'm not interested, in the end, we just talked about guardian spirits." Kaidou nods, not noticing that your arms were still linked.

"So did he tell you what yours was?" You smile.

"Yeah, he said it was a cat," you lie, not wanting him to know about what Toritsuka had said. It wasn't that you hated the thought of being alone but also since you didn't want him to feel bad about his own guardian spirit.

"I can see that." You send him a playful glare, nudging his side.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He panics, regretting his words.

"I-I didn't mean anything negative, I just meant that you sit around all day playing Lunar fields. You're at such a high level that I just thought you would have to spend a lot of time playing... that's sounds bad. I'm not calling you a shut-in or anything." You understood what he meant and so sent him a smile.

"Hey it's okay, I know what you mean. To be honest, I can tell why you have a chihuahua as a guardian spirit as well," you giggle. He blushes, looking down at the ground to avoid your gaze.

"That's only because chihuahuas may be shy and probably have low self-esteem but they remain loyal. Also, they're really cute," you laugh, knowing just much Kaidou was blushing without needing to look at him. He just nods and gives a weak smile, the two of you continue walking into the school with arms still linked.

Really happy (Y/n) gets to meet the other characters soon! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry for not updating recently, I didn't have any internet but updates shall resume. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD