19. Boss battle

As soon as the two of you entered the gaming cafe, you noticed two computers sitting side by side at the back of the room. You hurried over and claimed them, having Kaidou go up to the counter to get login codes for the two of you. You had completely forgotten about needing to pay for them so he did it. When he came back you sent him a playful glare.

"Stop paying for everything," you scold. He chuckles, taking a seat in the comfortable office chair behind one of the computers.

"I told you that you'd have to be faster if you want to pay." You couldn't help but roll your eyes at his words, he had said that but you had expected to beat him to it this time. You sent him a smirk before walking up to the counter and buying food and drinks for the two of you, returning with a smug look. He raised an eyebrow, watching as you put it all down in between the two of you.

"I can pay for all of that," he presses. You shake your head and sit down, beginning to log into your computer.

"You'll have to be faster next time," you tease. The two of you ended up laughing as you load up Lunar fields, logging into your accounts. When your avatar appears on screen, you notice Kaidou peeking over at your screen.

"So you weren't joking, huh?" he mumbles. The screen displayed all of the weapons and potions you held in your hot bar as well as all of your inventory, filled with items varying in rarity. Something else which showed was your current level and the amount of XP you would need to get up to the next level which was 324. He stared at the screen for a while, only tearing his eyes away when you called his name.

"Hey, Kaidou? Something wrong?" His eyes drift to you, meeting yours. You tilt your head to the side in confusion, only now did you notice the light blush on his face.

"Are you ok? Your face is looking a little red." You moved your chair closer, placing the back of your hand against his forehead. He flinched as soon as your skin made contact, his face darkening. You let out a quiet hum as you pulled away, smirking teasingly.

"You don't feel feverish so you must be blushing." Calling him out made his face go even redder which you found equally funny and adorable. While you laughed, he hid his face in his hands, embarrassed. When you finished, you placed your hand on his head and ruffled his hair, it was surprisingly soft. After that, he remained still, continuing to hide his face. Now you felt a little bad, he seemed to be a little insecure already so laughing at him probably wasn't the best idea.

You reached up and gently took his hands, pulling them away from his face. He shyly looked up at you, his face still extremely red.

"Come on, Shun. I'm only teasing, you can make fun of something about me if you want," you offer, smiling brightly at him. He stared at you for a while, his eyes scanning your face but it seemed like he couldn't find anything to comment on.

"You snort when you laugh." You cheeks tinted pink at the comment but otherwise, it didn't really bother you. You nod your head, your smile not faltering.

"Yeah... I know," you laugh, letting out a quiet snort at the end which didn't go unnoticed by him. He smirked and placed his hand on your head, as you had done to him, and messed up your hair. This made you laugh more which resorted in more snorts. You didn't notice it but the entire time he stared at you with a soft smile, unable to rid of his blush.

Not wanting to waste your computer time, the two of you loaded into the game and got ready to complete some quests. Previously, you had managed to help Kaidou get to level 46, something you were sure would be difficult. It was... but your assistance and the shield you had gifted him had been a big help. He always let you know how grateful he was for this help, there was nothing worse than being terrible at a game that you loved more than anything else.