27. Goodbye

You caught a train to the area where his hospital was located and then a bus to the hospital. It took longer than you wanted it to. Your mind was full of possible outcomes. Perhaps he was on life support because something had gone wrong or maybe he was already de... You stopped your self from thinking that, pinching your leg to push that thought away. You had started crying at the beginning of your journey but had stopped since it messed with your breathing. With all the will power you had, you pushed it all away. There would be plenty of time to cry in the hospital and hopefully, Nitori would be there to console you once you found out what happened.

The bus halted at your stop, the bus driver raising an eyebrow as you rushed off and towards the tall hospital building. You ran through the car park, rushing through the front doors and straight to the elevator. The staff noticed and tried to stop you but none of them were fast enough. Seeing that you were panicked, they left you alone. It was obvious that you had come in to see someone who may not have the time to wait around.

You reached the third floor, like you had done with Nitori. The metal doors opened, having you run as soon as the gap was big enough. You sped down the long corridor, slowing down when you reached room 203. As far as you knew, the old man was in the same room as last time. You assumed that Nitori would've mentioned it if he had moved. You hand shook as you reached for the door, you took a deep breath and knocked. Your hand then moved down to the handle which you used to open the door. With closed eyes, you stepped into the room only to notice that it was dark. Your lip quivered as took another step, thinking that you were too late.

"Surprise!" The lights suddenly flicked on revealing Nitori and the old man who looked to be in perfect health. The two of them smiled while you stood before them, not knowing what you were feeling. You looked like a mess from running, your bruise seemed to look even darker, your eyes were pink and puffy from crying and your emotions were a mess.

"Surprise for what?" you asked, your eyes darting between the father and son. Nitori laughed and pulled you into the room, noticing your bruise but not mentioning it.

"I've been wanting to talk to you about this for a while now but I didn't know how to bring it up. You've been through so much and till this day you continue to deal with it. You're so young yet you're the strongest person I know. I knew from the last time we came here and afterward when you opened up to me that you were special. You mean so much to me (Y/n), too much for me to even comprehend. So please, join our family. I want to adopt you."

Your eyes widened in shock, filling with tears as you were overwhelmed with emotion. The chance of being adopted as a teenager was low so you had given up long ago. But now you were standing before Nitori, someone who had just asked you to be apart of their family. But before you could even reply, you noticed that Nitori had opened his arms to you. Not being able to speak, you leapt into his embrace, beginning to audibly sob into his chest. He smiled as he held you close, petting your head and rubbing your back.

"I want to give you a home, we can all live together. Dad will return to the arcade and I'll get another job. We're moving into another house and you can start your life again at a new school," he whispered, your sobs growing even louder with every word he said.

Starting over.

New school.

New house.

Family.

It took a while but you eventually calmed down, naturally staying close to Nitori. The old man gave you a hug, chuckling.

"Call me Grandpa if you want." Your smiled widened, nodding as he let go.

"Okay, thank you, g-grandpa," you choked out. Nitori stood uncomfortably across from him, his father sending him a glare.

"Go on, Nitori." The blue-eyed male let out some awkward laughter, his hand resting on the back of his neck as he averted his gaze.