Chaper 3

(jughead sweet pea fangs Veronica Kevin doctor)

Jugheads POV

I got Anonymous tip that chic was in green dale, where the ghoulies live. I went alone so I could sneak around but I didn't see him. I saw a few ghoulies I recognised and...Archie. He was drinking and god knows what else. Just seeing him made my blood boil. I hated him I hated him for blaming Betty and for betraying me. I was interrupted from my thoughts when my phone buzzed. It was Betty, chic was at the house. Shìt. I was to far away to get her out and away from him. Sweet pea! I called sweet pea and he took forever to pick up. "What's up boss?" "Get fangs and get to the house! Chics there with Betty. Alone" "get back here as soon as you can. We'll get her don't worry jughead" as soon as the coast was clear I ran to my bike and set off for home. I was about 25 minutes away from the house when fangs called me. "Fangs? What's happened? She okay?!" "She's not looking to good boss. He really did a number on her. Sweet pea taking her to the hospital" "alright I'll meet them there" "also jughead, we can't kill him. He's the leader of the ghoulies and there isn't enough of us to take them again" "I know fangs. Just rough him up and dump him my the river" "yes boss"

(At the hospital)

"Betty Cooper? I'm her boyfriend, how is she?" I said to the lady at the front desk. Before she could answer me sweet pea walked up and grabbed me. "Sweet pea how is she? Fangs said she didn't look good" "not gonna lie jug it's bad. She's broken rips and and swelling on the brain..." "oh god, Betty" "she's strong jughead" "...yeah. I-i can't lose her sweet pea. She's all I have left" " I know boss, want me to call anyone?" I was still trying to wrap my head around it all. Next thing I knew Veronica and Kevin walked up to me in the waiting room. "Jughead. How is she?" Veronica asked "not good all I know is that she's got swelling on the brain and broken rips" "Jesus Christ" Kevin said quietly. After about 4/5 hours after Kevin and Veronica got here the doctor walked out and walked up to us. "Mr Jones?" "Yes that's me how's Betty?" "Can we go somewhere more private please" after we walk into his office and sat down he start to explain everything  "I take it your Betty's boyfriend?" "Yes there's only me in her life your mother died in a fire and...well you know about her father" "okay so. When she got here she unconscious which to be fair is not good. So we did some ex-rays and she has  4 broken rips and internal bleeding but the main concern is that her brain has quite a bit of swelling. Now we've stopped the bleeding, one of the broken rips splinted and burst her spline. There was also some trouble when we were in surgery. She lost a lot of blood and her heart stopped, but we were able to get it going again but it took a while. We've tried to deuce the swelling but nothings working so we're going to have to let it go down my itself." "Okay so how long will that take?" "mr Jones, because we couldn't get it down we've had to put her in a induced coma. Now whether or not she wakes up? We don't know it could be hours, day or even months. But the next 24 hours are vital" "oh my god. So she might never wake up?" "Yes I'm a sad to say. But because of existent of her injury's if she hasn't waken up or shown any sign of movement by the end of 3 months then...she will be declared brain dead and we will be forced to turn her life-support off" "What you can't do that! I can't lose her please there must be something-you can do?!" "I'm sorry mr Jones. There isn't it's just a waiting game from now on. Also, me jones are you aware that miss cooper was pregnant?" "W-what? She's pregnant? She's been sick the last couple of days but I didn't think..." "mr Jones because of her injuries and the surgery. The baby didn't make it. I'm sorry" "it's d-dead? My baby's dead?" "Im so sorry mr Jones"

A/n - I don't know if that's true or not (Betty's coma) it's just for the story