Chaper 4

(jughead Veronica Kevin sweet pea)

I walk out of the doctors office and lean against wall. I let tears fall down my cheeks. After about...I don't even know how long I walk back to Veronica and Kevin. "Jughead? What's going on?" "How is she?" They asked I couldn't even speak all I did so slip down into a chair. "Jughead...?" "She's got 3 months to wake up or their turning off the life support. They couldn't get the swelling down...I-I" "oh my god. Betty..." "she's strong. She'll wake up. This is Betty Cooper w-we're talking a-about" Kevin said with tears down his face. "I, uh  gonna go let everyone know what's happening" "Ronnie he can't drive like that go with him I'll be fine. I'm gonna go see Betts anyway" "you sure jug?" "Yeah yeah go" "alright I'll phone sweets and tell him to come down here. Just incase you want someone with you" I gave her a weak smile and made my way to Betty's room. I walk in and she's just lying there. Lifeless with tubes and wires coming out of her. She has a breathing tube in her mouth. Her chest slowly falling and rising. "Hey there Juliet. What's he done to you? I love you Betts, I've loved ever since the first day I saw you. I guess I should told you sooner. Betty...I don't know if you can hear me but we found out why you've been so sick. You were pregnant baby. It was morning sickness. But um it make it Betts. Are little girl or boy didn't m-make it" I pulled her hand into mine and just cried.
I must of fallen asleep because the next thing I knew sweet pea was rubbing my shoulder to wake me up. "Hey Jones. Why don't you go and get some rest?" "No. No why. I'm not leaving her side" "jughead at least go and get some coffee and something to eat. When she wakes up she's gonna need at at your strongest. I'll stay with her. I promise" "...okay fine. But anything happens you get me straight away!" "Course Jones"

Sweet peas POV

"You look like hell copper. Now I've just told jughead 'when you wake up' so you better other wise I'll kick your ass. You hear me? Truth is Betty I don't have a lot of friends and I'm not prepared to lose one.  I'm not prepared to lose you, you've always been kind to me I know I haven't always done the same to you but I'm proud to call you my friend. My family. Your a serpent, your jughead's queen. Your my queen and the serpents need you, jughead needs you. Can't believe I'm saying this but I need you. Your the one that's holds us all together, holds the serpents together. So you hang on in there and you fight, you fight with everything you have and you come back to your family. We already lost one queen. We can't lose another" my eyes begin to water when jughead pats me on the shoulder before walking out. Guess he hear everything. Shìt