Chaper 49

Jugheads PoV

Fangs has been up there for an hour with Betty and I'm worried about her. "She'll be fine jones" "we don't know that sweets" "hey come on this is Betty fucking Cooper we're talking about, she's the strongest one here" "I know but what if she's not anymore, I mean come on look at what she's gone though. Look at what's happened to her!" "Jughead-" "no sweet pea I should of been there protecting her! I couldn't even stop Archie of all people from hurting her! How he treated her after we found out Hal was the black hood, I should of said something!" "Juggie stop" I turn round and see Betty standing there with tears in her eyes "Betts-" I couldn't even get my words out before she pulled me into a hug, I hugged her so tightly. "Non of it is your fault okay? I mean it jughead. Please stop okay?" "I'll try" "good"

"Hunny I'm home!" Penny shouted as she and Archie and...chic walked into the bar. "Jug?" Betty looks at me and my heart sinks, she looks terrified. "What do you want?!" I shout and all 3 of them laughs. "Oh jughead. We want the serpents" "and the baby" archie said looking right at Betty, she then tightened her grip on my arm. "The day that happens, hell will freeze over! And besides...there's all of us and only 3. Of. You!" Betty shouted and I smirked at her, god she's amazing.

"Oh really?...boys!" Penny shouted and about 100 ghoulies walked in and blocked the exits. They outnumber the serpents 5-1 were damned. "Sweet pea take Betty upstairs" "what?! No jughead I'm fighting!" "Betty no" "jughead this is my family and my serpents! I'm the queen I'm not just going to run away" "Betty it's not just you I'm worried about okay? Your going upstairs and sitting this one out. I'm not saying this as your boyfriend but as your king. Sits this one out, that's an order" "stay safe and come back to us" we rest our foreheads to together and close our eyes. I grab her neck and pull her into a passionate kiss. "Go! Now!"

Betty's PoV

"Come on Cooper" sweet pea grabs my arm and pulls me to the stairs and we walk up as quickly as possible. Once we get there we lock the doors and windows, making sure no one can get in. A few minutes later we hear gun shots. Lots and lots of gun shots and shouting. How can this be happening? Why now of all times?

This went on for an hour and showed no sign of it stopping any time soon. Then there was a sharp pain in my stomach. Not again please?! Why now. I grab sweet peas hand "you oky betty?" "Yeah...there just really bad" "Okay you wanna sit or stand?" "Stand" "Okay Betty. Remember your breathing. In and out. Like me, easy Betty easy. Copy me that's it" "sweet pea I don't think these are fake" just then my waters break "oh my god!" "It's gonna be okay Betty, you got this. We'll get you to the hospital soon I promise" just then we hear someone scream in pain, that was Jugheads scream. "That's Jug! Sweet pea help them!" "I'm not leaving you!" "Sweet pea he's hurt please! Go help them I'll be fine. We'll be right" "you can tell him my waters broke okay? As your queen I order you to go and protect your king. I got this" I say and I walk over to the kitchen and pull out a gun. "...fine but lock the door!" "I will. Now go!"

Jugheads PoV

"Sweet pea what the hell are you doing down here?!" "We got a problem" "what?!" "It's Betty..." "what about her?! Is she okay?! Sweet pea!" "...her waters broke, she's in labour jug" "shit!" "She heard you scream, you okay?" "What? Yeah I'm fine just got into a fist fight that all" "they're covering the exits and outside. What's the plan?" "I don't know" just then Veronica and Toni run up to us "guys you got eyes on Penny?!" Toni asked "I've got Archie" sweet pea said "and I've got Chic" Veronica said. I looked around for Penny and she was no where to be seen! "I can't see her!" I said as everyone started to look for her.

Just then we hear a scream and 3 gun shots coming from the apartment. Everyone goes quite. Then it me. Betty's up there and no one can see Penny

"Betty..."

A/n - hey sorry it's been a few days! But I'm back and updates are gonna be slow sorry! Also can we just take a moment for coles birthday post for lili!!! Omg their so cute!