Chaper 45

Betty's PoV

After I left the hospital, Fangs went home and sweet pea rode me home. I get off the bike, give him a big and a kiss on the cheek and walked into the house. All the light were off so they must be in bed. I walk into the kitchen and sat the bag of painkillers down on the side and go to get a drink.

As I'm walking upstairs I bump into jellybean. "Hey how you feeling?" "I'm okay Betty. How are you?" "To be honest, feel like crap. I'm sorry Jellybean" "what why? Betty stood up to my mum for me. You got me out of there and away from her" "yeah and I'm glad I did but I've probably just lost Jug" "Betty you'd never lose him, he loves you" "I don't think that's enough anymore Jellybean. I keep putting him through hell. I kept a big thing from him" "then why didn't you just tell him?" "How was I supposed to tell him that the girl he loves doesn't want to come back to him, that the mother of his dead daughter doesn't want to come back and wake up. I've lost him so many times JB-" "What do mean? Lost him how?" "When my dad, the black hood made me break up with him, when he broke up with me right after I did the serpent dance and when he nearly got himself killed by the ghoulies! And now I've lost again. Every time I lose him a part of my dies and there's not that much left of me. He's says I'm still this badass but I'm not.

I'm not strong or brave and selfless. I have to be strong for everyone and it's killing me! I have to be this strong, brave badass gang leader to my family which is a gang! And I love them but...I'm tried! I'm so tried of everything! I'm tried of the serpents, I'm tried of the constant danger that comes with it, I'm so so tried of being this strong leader! Hell im tried of myself. I dread going to sleep at night, but I dread waking up even more. You know what I'm most scared of? Not the fact that I could die, or jug or the serpents and I certainly don't give a damn what happens to me! I'm most scared of turning out like my dad. I have his darkness for god sake! That this baby with grow up in fear! And won't have a good life! Or that chic will take it away from me! This baby is half serpent and half ghoulie! I don't even know if the serpents will accept it!" I said with tears falling from my eyes and jellybean pulls me into a hug. "I'm so sorry Betty but it'll be okay, you have Jug-" "no I don't JB, I've put him through enough. Hell even tonight I said I'd leave him! I don't wanna leave him! I'd die. Then I used Elizabeth against him! JB I used our dead daughter against him!" "Yeh but Betty if you didn't then I'd be with my mum-" "JB tell him I love him please...I can't keep hurting him" I said and ran down the stairs and out the house, I've no idea where I'm going to go. I can't go to the bar... I can't sleep on the trailer...I've got no where to go and from the look on their faces when I told them I can't call anyone.

I ended up the the register, there's an apartment above it that my parents used as
storage. It was nice and warm and safe.

I've been at the apartment for all of 15 minutes and I was finally calming myself down when there's was a sharp pain in my stomach, not like a kick it was worse! I'm all alone, my phone is nearly dead and I don't have my charger. Okay jughead won't answer, JB will be asleep...Veronica!

"Betty? It's...2:30 in the morning" "Veronica please I need your help! Ahh!" "Betty what's going on?!" "Something's wrong, something-ahhhhh! Seriously Wrong with the baby!" "OKay Betty where's jughead?" "Hes at the house I'm at the register ahhh!! V hurry!" The line went dead. "V? Veronica?!" I look at my phone and it's dead...great.

"Okay...sweetie please calm down. Mummy needs you to calm down. Shhhh it's okay it's okay shhhh" I say to my baby while rubbing my stomach.

Veronica's PoV

"Betty?!" "Baby What is it?" "Fangs we got to go! Betty's in trouble!" "Why what happened?!" "She's at the register and something's wrong with baby!" "Okay let's go!" We both got up and dressed and told sweet pea what was going on and all 3 of us races to Betty, god I hope she's okay. Once we get there I can hear her screaming in pain.

"Betty?!" I shout as we burst through the door. "V!" We find her in the kitchen leaning over the side with tears in her eyes. "What's happening?!" "I don't know! Something wrong" "someone call an ambulance!" I shout and fangs gets his phone. "No it'll take to long, we gotta go now!" Sweet pea shouts and he picks Betty up bridle style and puts her in the car, fangs in driving and me and sweet pea are in the back with Betty. Her head on his lap and me stroking her back while she cry's.

Once we get to the hospital sweet pea carries her in and the nurses take her away. We're not allowed to follow, god I hope they are okay.

(Few hours later...)

It's been hours and still nothing. We've tried calling jughead and the house but no ones answering so I've sent Fangs to go and get them. I was leaning on sweet peas shoulder when I hear a voice I recognise.

"Well that's what you get for punching a wall. Have you tried calling her?" "Yeah yeah I know, and she's not picking up. Not that I blame her I basically said she was sick" wait that's Jugheads voice. I quickly stand and look for them. They were waiting by the front desk.

"Jughead!"

Jugheads PoV

"Jughead!" I turn round and see Veronica and sweet pea. "Veronica? Sweet pea?  what you doing here?" "Where the hell have you been!" "What?! I've been here! I broke my thumb. Why are you here?" I can see tears in Veronica's and sweet pea looks like shit. What the he'll happened? I look at sweets and he says "it's-" but before he can say anything the doctor walks out and up to Veronica and sweet pea, just then fangs walks in.

"How is she?" Sweet pea asks "she'll be fine, there was Fluid building up around the bottom of her spine, which is what caused the pain. How did this happen?" "She was pushed against a mirror that's how she hurt her head, she didn't say anything about her back though" fangs said. "she said something about being chocked?" Sweet pea chimes in.

"Who the hells in there?" I asked and they all looked so sad. Then Veronica said to the doctor "are they both okay?" "Yes...her blood pressure was dangerous high but her and the baby will be fine. She's in room 247" "Veronica I swear to god! Who's in there?!" "...Betty. She was at the register" I didn't even stay to listen to the rest of it and I just had to get to her.