Chaper 73

"Okay I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that we've found out what's going on and what's making lili so sick"

"Well? What's wrong with her?!" Betty asked, very stressed out. Sat between jughead and Archie.

"She has a very serious lung infection. That's why she has so much trouble breathing at the minute" "what can be done?" Archie asked. Tears welling in his eyes.

"We're putting her on the strongest antibiotics we can for her age and then it's just a waiting game" "so she's gonna be okay?" "Mr jones, Miss Cooper, mr Andrews.

I should warn you that this is very serious and for her to have an infection like this at her young age...the antibiotics can only do so much"

"What's the best case scenario?" Jughead asked while grabbing Betty's hand. "Best case? She makes a full recovery but her breathing may never be normal.

She could easily develop an other infection or have Asthma and other conditions"

"And the worst?" "She may not not make it though the night. Right now because of the infection, her air ways are closing up. If we where to try and get a breathing tube into her right now,

like she already has, we wouldn't be able to fit one down her throat"

"So your saying that my baby girl is slowly chocking to death?" "...I'm afraid so miss Cooper" "oh my god" Archie signed as he set his head in his hands.

"I'll leave you three to it"

"I'll be back" Archie said getting up and walking out of the room. Tears falling from his face. "Jug, go after him. You need each other" "what? Betty no I'm not leaving you"

"Jughead you two were like brothers before...anything. He's changing and yes he's done unforgivable things to us but he loves that little girl. You know first hand what losing a daughter does to you"

"...alright...alright fine I'll find him but anything changes" "I'll call you" "I love you" "I love you too. Now and forever" "always"

As jughead left the room to go find archie. Betty pulled her chair closer to her gravely I'll daughter.

"Please fight lili. Me and your daddy need you, we need you so much and you have no idea how much we love you. You just gotta

Dig deep and fight. Fight for us baby. We can't lose you too" "Betty? Can I come in?" "Hey, JB" "how she doing?" "Not good. The doctor said she might not make it though the night..."

"Oh Betty, I'm so sorry" "it's okay. She's a fighter. She's gonna be okay" "where's jug?" "Archie walked out so Jug went after him" "Archie was here? Archie Andrews?! Lilis dad?!!" "Yeah. I asked him to come when lili was first admitted"

"Why? Why would you do that?" "God you sound like sweet pea, I did it because we didn't know if there was anything that run in Archie's family that might be the cause of why she's sick"

"And he stuck around after?" "You didn't see the way he looked at her when he held lili that night. He loves her so much. I haven't seen him this...well It looks like we're getting the old Archie back"

"Betty how can you be sure?" "I can see it in his eyes. He even called off the ghoulies on the serpents. He's done fighting and he apologised for everything he's done" "wow" "yeah...I know he's done something pretty unforgivable things to us. To me. But he's changing, JB" "hope for all our sakes your right"

(Archie and jughead)

"Archie? Archie wait! Arch!" "What? What jughead?" "Where are you going?" "Away from here. Away from her!" "Lili? Why?" "Because all I do is hurt the people I love and care about. And I'll be damned if I ever hurt her"

"Archie, this isn't your fault. It's no one's fault" "if I had never blamed Betty for my dads death then that little girl wouldn't be fighting for her life right now!" "That little girl wouldn't be born Archie, that beautiful little girl wouldn't exist"

"Maybe it would of been better that way..." "don't, don't you dare say that about lili" "you think I want to? Jughead she's my daughter, my flash and blood. The...the only flash and blood I have left"

"That's not true Archie, you've got your mum-" "she's dead. My mums dead jug" "what? How?" "She uh...she was killed in a car crash a few years ago...and just like my dad I didn't get to say goodbye"

"Archie...I'm so sorry. Why didn't you say something?" "Would you of cared? Or even taken the call?" "Of Course I would of cared. We grow up together arch, like brothers, family, so of course I would of cared"

"What have I done jug? Look at what I've be Come. Psycho. They'd be turning in their graves if they saw me now" "Your just lost Archie. Yes that's no excuse for literally nearly killing us and everything else but...I know the man you are, deep down. I know you regret it arch"

"Jug you have no idea how much I regret it. All of it." "Then make amen's. Starting by you coming with me and sitting at your daughters bedside till she wakes up"

"You daughter. She's your daughter jughead"

"Our daughter..."

A/N - hi everyone! Hope you enjoy this chapter, if you have any ideas and what should happen next please let me know! And thank you SO much for the 6k reads, you guys are amazing and I never thought this book would go so far or get this many reads thank you so much!! X