Chapter 7

Safe.

*******************************************

Yoongi is confused.
Very confused.
He's currently walking through a long hallway with his cousin and the others walking silently behind him.
Jungkook walks in front of yoongi, leading him whilst holding his hand.

This isn't the way this weekend was supposed to go, yoongi isn't of age yet.
He shouldn't be feeling like this.
An alpha shouldn't be able to claim him yet.
But here he was.
His hand in jungkooks, and he's never felt so warm.
Yet a cloud of worry hangs above yoongis head. One of doubt and fear.

"Here we are," Jungkook beams while gesturing to the heavy oak door before him.
Jungkook slowly opens to large door to reveal a simple, yet beautiful bedroom.
The walls are painted a light duck egg, with soft panelling on the wall behind the bed.
The bed itself was large and white, with soft cushions and pillows decorated across it.
A small dresser and standing mirror rest in the corner of the room.
And yoongis favourite feature, a large cushioned window seat in the giant bay window.

Yoongi excitedly ran to the window seat, his eyes travelling across the scenery.
He could see everything.
From the beautiful flower garden, to the edge of the forest. Yoongi saw it all.
His mouth hung agape while staring in amazement.

"Like the view?" a calm voice asked.
Namjoon.
"I-it's beautiful..." yoongi speaks barely above a whisper.
"I knew you'd like it. Reminds me of your window seat in your bedroom back home" Namjoon smiles.

Home.
That's right, he doesn't know.
Back in yoongis home house (parents house) he had a room similar to this one, with a big window and loveseat.
Not like his basement bedroom in the pack house. The one that always appears dark and dreary, despite the improvements yoongi tries to make.

"You okay yoongs?" Namjoon asks after noticing yoongis daze like state.
"W-what?" Yoongi snaps from his daze, "o-oh yes, I'm f-fine"

Namjoon stands back a bit and studies his younger cousin.
He never stuttered this badly, not since his brother died at least...

"Joonie?" A small voice breaks Namjoons thoughts, he looks down to the small omega below him.
"W-what do I do now?"

Namjoon thought for a moment.
Normally when two wolves find their mates, they begin the mating, or claiming, process.
But yoongi isn't of age, even if Jungkook were to mark or claim him, it wouldn't work.

"I'm not entirely sure yoongs," Namjoon pauses, looking back at his other friends who were patiently waiting at the door,
"But maybe, you could make some friends."

Yoongi stares wide eyed at Namjoon.
As if he had said the most profuse thing imaginable.
"A-Alpha said I must report to him before speaking with anyone. H-he'll already be mad at me" yoongi ends with a pout.

Namjoon takes a moment to assess what yoongi said.
"He'll be mad at me."? Why? And what does he do when he's "mad" at him?

"Well, you can hang out with me if you'd like?"
He suggests, hoping to find out more on how yoongis Head Alpha is treating him.

"N-no, it's okay. Spend time with your mate. I like being alone." Yoongi whispers and gives a small smile.

"You sure?" Namjoon asks again.
"Yes"

Namjoon stands straight, "alright then"
He then makes his way over to his friends and explains that yoongi wishes to rest after his journey.
They all nod in understanding and leave the room without question.