Chapter 53

"I'm sorry for your loss"

Those horrible 5 words. Yoongi has heard them over, and over again.

It's been three days since the attack with the rogues. Most of the trials have finished up. Many of the rogues were prosecuted, 4 of them were sentenced to death. Those 4 were those responsible for Yoongis mother, along with the abuse inflicted on himself, Taehyung and Luna Jaeeun when they had been abducted.

Yoongi has been quiet. When people offered condolences, he simply nodded in acknowledgment. He didn't speak, at all. Not even to Jungkook. The alpha was increasingly worried.
It was the last day of Haneuls wake, everyone had dropped by, giving respects. The funeral was scheduled for tomorrow.

They decided that they would bury her in the BlackQuartz cemetery, rather than PlumOpal, simply because, despite the happy lives they lived there, there were far too many traumatic memories.

After the wake, around 8 pm, yoongi finished up the dishes before silently heading towards his shared bedroom with Jungkook. Said alpha was already there, sat on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands.

Jungkooks head snapped up at the sound of the door opening. "Peach?"

Yoongi nodded with a blank expression, he then walked towards the bathroom and locked himself in.

Jungkook could hear the shower turn on and sighed defeatedly. He stood up and walked towards the ever lit fire, he grabbed the poker and stoked the flames. The heat provided no comfort to the alphas troubled mind.

He decided to get changed, simply wearing a pair of his boxers and a plain navy t-shirt. While changing he also grabbed some pjs and underwear for yoongi, remembering that he didn't take any into the bathroom with him.

After a few more painfully silent minutes, yoongi walked out of the bathroom. His hair dripped onto the floor in heavy droplets. Yoongi hadn't even made an attempt at drying his hair. The towel hung loosely around his waist, the normally self conscious boy not even sparing the thought of his exposed he was.

"Hey, I got your clothes ready" Jungkook spoke softly, gesturing to the clothes that neatly lay on yoongis side of the bed.

The omega wanted to smile. To smile, and thank his boyfriend, but he couldn't. Not just yet. Instead, he answered exactly how he's been answering for the past three days. He nodded.

The boy got dressed, the t-shirt that belonged to his mate hung largely on his small frame.

Jungkook knew it wasn't just about his mama. It was beyond that. Yoongi faced his abuser. A bastard who destroyed him. Yoongi, yoongi killed him. He took a life. As much as he would try and justify it, yoongi couldn't forget the fact that he took someone's life. With his owns hands, both literally and figuratively.

The pair wordlessly got into the bed, pulled the large duvet over them and lay 3 feet apart. Never in his life, had Jungkook felt so far away from yoongi.

Jungkook glanced over, a few silent moments had passed, he almost smiled as he saw yoongis eyes closed. He's asleep.

Jungkook stared back at the ceiling.
"You are so brave. You are the bravest person I know. You make me smile endlessly and I've never felt so happy. Because of you, Min Yoongi, because of you I live. I'm sorry I can't help, I'm sorry I fail so much. I wish I were like you, I wish I were magic. Unfortunately I'm not. But I'll wait. I'll wait until you're ready. And I'll wait for as long as it takes, even if the time never comes, I'll still wait. I'll be here. I'm so, so in awe of you my peach"

Jungkook spoke to the ceiling, praying that yoongi could hear his words subconsciously in a dream.

But then he heard it.
Sniffling.