Chapter 48

^this is what I imagine their mark looks like

Yoongis heat continued for three more days, and those days were spent with Jungkook, who was completely taking care of his mate in any way he needed.

Not just sex, of course that was involved, but in the hours between yoongis heats, there were warm baths, lit fires, homemade soup and dinners. Jungkook would help the younger soothe his sore body, that was exhausted after the stress of his heat. In those short days, yoongi and Jungkooks bond became full. They were fully mated.

It was their last night in the cabin, throughout the days taehyung had brought up a bag of "supplies" for the boys. Poor Tae, he didn't even come inside, he just left the bag at the door and ran off. The bag had essentials like some more food and bottles of water even some clothes for the boys, other necessities like condoms and some pills for yoongi were also there.

Yoongi stepped out of the shower, wrapped a large fluffy towel around his body and stared in the mirror. The reflection he once hid from, the same one he hated and would avoid like the plague, he now stared at in awe and joy. His mates gorgeous mark proudly displayed on his collar bone. Beyond that however, his face, his body, his skin. Yoongi smiled at himself. He was no longer a bag of bones and bruises. He was soft, squishy, he liked it. He didn't see the chubbiness around his tummy and thighs as disgusting or fat, but rather cute and beautiful. He no longer had heavy bags under his eyes, or disgusting black and blue marks, the touches of alphas he despised. The soft glow of pretty red and purple love bites littered his skin now. Each another small sign, a small dab of love on his skin. They didn't hurt him, physically or mentally. Yoongis face, he smiled. He could actually smile. He rarely ever focused on his face, never deeming it worthy of a second glance, he now saw his own beauty. His own pretty eyes and small yet plump lips. He understood why Jungkook kissed his cheeks so much, as they seemed to continuously glow an adorable soft pink.

Yoongi didn't realise how long he'd been staring in the mirror until a familiar pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist. He smiled, "Hey Kookie".

"Whatcha doin' peach?" Jungkook asked lowly as he nuzzled his face deeply into yoongis neck, placing small kisses on the smallers shoulder.

"Just looking... Kookie?" Yoongi lifted his eyes to meet the elders in the mirror.

"Yeah peach?"

"I'm pretty" yoongi softly breathed out with the most precious smile the elder had ever seen him wear. Jungkooks heart swelled.

"Yes you are my love, I'm glad you can now see it too" Jungkook turned the younger to face him and ran his finger against his soft cheek.
Yoongi smiled with bright wide eyes at his mate.

"I'm so grateful to have you Jungkook, I would say a million words but rather I'll save my breath and put the effort towards showing you every day how much I love you" yoongi buried his head into the elders chest, wrapping his own small arms around the alphas broad chest and back.

Jungkook was shocked at the youngers sudden confession of love. He tightened his arms around the boy, as if he were afraid to let go. "Thank you my love, thank you. I'll do the same"

Some will say that you can never find love until you love yourself. That's bullshit. Sure, it's great to love yourself, you are deserving of such love, but you aren't unworthy of love simply because you struggle within yourself. Yoongi learned to love himself through the love Jungkook gave him. And that's okay. Every single person in this world is deserving of love and joy, yoongi has finally realised that.
Thank you Jungkook.

The pair soon left the bathroom, yoongi now dressed in some sweatpants and one of Jungkooks t-shirts. Jungkook went to the kitchen, it was about 7pm, time to make his mate some well deserved dinner. He opted for something simpler, yet just as delicious, and made some homemade pizza.

Yoongi lay down on the large, soft bed. The sheets have been changed multiple times over the past few days yet there was still a lingering smell of the boys. Yoongi smiled at the scent. It was the mixture of himself and his mate. It was their scent. Yoongi could see into the kitten from the bed, the whole house was like a studio, aka open concept. The omega couldn't help but blush as he caught sight of the beautiful mark on his mates shoulder, as Jungkook was shirtless, of course.

"I can feel you staring peach" the alpha smirked as he bent down to place the pizza in the oven. Yoongi blushed from the bed and threw his head into the pillow.

Jungkook set a timer on his phone and walked over to the blushing omega on the bed. The alpha stood and crossed his arms over his chest, "why're you hiding from me?"

"Cause I'm embarrassed idiot! Why else!" The omega called to the alpha, his voice muffled as his face was still stuffed in the pillow, refusing to face his mate.

"Where you embarrassed? Like seriously, after everything that's happened these past few days, staring isn't anything to be embarrassed about" the alpha chuckled and yoongi hid deeper in the pillow.

"Shut up! Oh my god! Shut up!" He playfully scolded the older alpha as he finally lifted his head up and threw the pillow at said alpha.

Jungkook of course caught the pillow and sat on the edge of the bed. Yoongi shyly crawled over to Jungkook and sat in his lap, straddling the elder.

"Hi" Jungkook smirked as he secured his arms around the younger.

"Hiya" yoongi quirked his head to the side and gave a gummy grin.

"You hungry?" Jungkook asked softly, making idle chatter.

"Yeah, but first a question," yoongi sat back a little, still on the alphas lap but far enough to face him fully, "what does our mark mean?"

Jungkook smiled proudly as the omega pulled his shirt collar down a bit to expose said mark, "it's me and you peach. The flowers, my families emblem is a rose with dark black leaves, yours is what I presume these pretty flowers, together it's us. You're the flower and I'm the stem. I keep you up high and show your beauty to the world, I allow you to grow and reach everything you want to achieve. You attract bees, allowing pollination, aka, keeping us alive. You give me life, purpose, and you make us look great" the alpha ended on a cheesier note, placibg a kiss on the still sensitive mark, this caused yoongi to roll his eyes as a shiver rolled down his spine.

"I love you babe" yoongi whispered softly, sharing an Eskimo kiss with his mate.

"I love you peach" Jungkook responded , his voice filled with love.

After having their pizza and cleaning up a bit, both boys climbed into bed to rest for their last night in the cabin. Yoongi lay with his head on his alphas chest, said alpha had his arm around the small omega.

"I'll miss this, the peace. It's lovely out here" yoongi spoke quietly as he traced light circles into his mates chest.

Jungkooo smirked, "Yeah. Luckily we can come out here whenever we want. It's only about 30 mins from the pack house."

"We should come back often. It's like our first home together" yoongi giggled.

"Oh believe me peach, we'll be back, can't have the whole pack hearing your delicious moans can I now?" The alpha teased as he playfully nibbles on the youngers ear.

"Kook!"

What peace, what joy, what love. Wouldn't it be perfect to stay like this forever?
But alas, that isn't real life.
What terrible fate lay in front of the boys... how painfully unaware they are of what's to come.

That's the end of the chapter! I hope you enjoyed!
A little fluff for y'all after the last chapter.
I've been hella busy lately between college, my friends and my mental health so I'm sorry if this feels a little bit like a let down of a chapter, but it's just a cute filler. Shits about to go down.

Anyways, if you like this story you may also enjoy my other books! Exulansis is a yoonminkook book and my new book Selcouth is a taegi littlespace book.

Thanks for all the live I've received across my three stories, y'all Berries really are too good for me ☺️☺️☺️

Anyways,
Bye!

Word count: 1467

LittleMissyL
xox