Chapter 20

"Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"Namjoon, Hey- Wait, were you asleep? You sound like you just woke up?"

"Yeah I took a quick nap, I was up all night working. What's up?"

"I need to talk to you about something, meet me in the gym in about 20 mins?"

"Okay, should I be worried?"

"I don't think so, see you then"

Jungkook hung up the phone and let out a deep sigh.
I need answers...

It was day after he had scented yoongi, what a beautiful day that was. Jungkook had never felt so euphoric.

Yoongi was slowly becoming his. His smell now engulfed his beautiful mate, and yoongis sweet cherry scent perfectly complemented Jungkooks own scent.
Perfect.

But now his mind was in need of answers, he needed to know more about the PlumOpal pack.

Jungkook waited patiently in the gym, taking a short, brisk walk on the treadmill to keep his mind busy.
Namjoon came in a few minutes later, dressed in grey slacks and a nice cool blue button up, a tie loosely hung around his neck.
Namjoon looked tired, Jungkook almost felt guilty about waking him up until he saw that familiar dimpled smile that reassured him that it was okay.

"What's up kook?" Namjoon asked, sitting on one of the benches.

Jungkook turned off the treadmill and sat on the bench across from Namjoon, inhaling a deep breath before starting.

"I have a few questions, about the PlumOpal pack"

Namjoon visibly tensed. Ever since he arrived here a few years ago, Namjoon rarely talked about his old pack.
"W-what do you want to know?"

"Yoongi was talking to me and Eomma earlier, and he mentioned his brother"

Namjoon released a sad sigh, "Chulsoon..."

"There's so many things I need to ask Namjoon, why was yoongi treated so differently than everyone else? Why do your scouts leave for months on a time? How did Chulsoon die?" Jungkook rambled, unsure of where to start.

"Kook, breathe. I'll answer as much as I can."

Namjoon ran his hand through his hair frustratedly before taking a deep breath and facing Jungkook again.

"Yoongi was treated differently, cause he is different, that's all I can say about that-"

"But-"

"Let me finish."

Jungkook wore an appalled expression. No one speaks down to him, except from his father when putting him in his place.

"Sorry kook" joon apologised, "this stuff isn't easy for me to talk about"

"It's okay, continue."

"I can't tell you more about yoongi yet, so just trust me on that matter. And about the scouts...." Namjoon trailed off, "we, we weren't normal scouts. There are parts of my past that I'm ashamed of Kook, and being in those goddamn scouts..." Namjoon clenched his fists, knuckles turning white.

"Joon, I won't push you. I just, I feel like I can't protect yoongi if I'm living in the dark"

"We didn't 'Scout' like normal packs... we ... we offered protection. Smaller packs would pay our head Alpha to give them protection. Yet, he didn't give them a choice in whether or not the wanted said protection"