Chapter 50

Yoongis been different. Normally after a heat, an omega becomes clingy and emotional. They usually depend on their alpha (or partner) and are a bit more hormonal. Not yoongi. Yoongi was cold. He stayed up in the head alphas office, creating plans to secure and protect the pack, along with making sure that if any goddamn rogues called the phone again he'd be the one to answer.

It's been five days. Yoongis father was still in a coma. He had brain activity, so there's hope, but yet again he's still sleeps. The other betas that got caught up in the attack have all be checked and are healed, also they've all been interviewed are all sharing the same story.

A group of rogues hit the car on the left side, using anothe large car to crash into the side. Many of the betas had been knocked out from the hit itself, but those who were awake defended the two guests. Yoongis parents fought the rogues, apparently the were able to unarm and knock out two or three of them each, them being strong alphas themselves. But they weren't enough. They got yoongis dad first. Blunt force trauma to the head. He was out cold in a flash. Then they took his mother. Restrained her and drugged her before throwing her in a van. Then they we're gone.

It's been five days and yoongi hasn't eaten, drank or slept. It was honestly a wonder how he was standing let alone not starving, dehydrated or insane.  

Maybe he was insane.

Yoongi has loved very few people unconditionally in his life. His brother, his cousin Namjoon, Jungkook and his parents. That was it. Of course he loved other people, but but the same way. He loved those five people unconditionally. He loved them beyond existence.

And now... his brothers dead... he fathers in a coma... his mother's missing.... 

Jungkook was worried. Well, worried is the closest word to be used. He was borderline panicking. His mate, the love of his life, is suffering so deeply, and he couldn't help. There was nothing he could say nor do, yoongi would just ignore him.

And that hurt.

Like omegas, alphas too have an aftermath to the heats. Alphas become over protective. They like to have the omega at their side at all times if possible. Now, Jungkook couldn't get beyond the locker door.

Yoongi had locked the door two days ago after Jin wouldn't stop pestering him about eating and staying healthy as the omega was still healing.

Of course yoongi didn't listen.

Jungkook sat in his mother's hospital room. She was asleep at the moment, however overall she was healthy. She had some injuries, extreme dehydration like Tae had suffered, but overall, she'll be perfectly fine. Obviously some trauma, but that can be dealt with at a later date.

Jungkook held his mother's hand in his own. She had the same warmth in her hands that yoongi had. He felt guilty. Guilty that he finally had his mother back but couldn't focus on her because of his mate. He felt horrible cause he hit his mother back while his mates was taken. He felt terrible that he couldn't fix any of it. As an alpha, as a son, as a mate... he felt useless.

"Dear don't fret so much you'll get wrinkles" his mother lightly scolded as she slowly woke up. Jungkook smiled, Jaeeun handy even opened her eyes but she could already tell that Jungkook was frowning.

"Sorry eomma...." he softly apologised as he stood to fill a cup with water, knowing his mom would be thirsty.

"Thank you" she took the cup and had heavy gulps. Jungkook day back down and retook her hand in his own. It gave him some comfort.

"How're you eomma?" He asked as she finally packs the now empty cup down.

"I'm alright. Tired. But I'll be fine." She smiled and poked af her son's cheek reassuringly, "I'm more so worried about you at the moment."