Is it any good?

Hey guys! Sorry this isn't Hiccstrid. I promise I'll come out with a chapter soon. Anyways down below is a book I started a couple years ago but never really finished. I can't decide if it's good enough to finish it or just throw it away. What do you guys think? Continue it or leave it?

   Chapter 1 Edwin's POV
   Do you believe in magic? Don't answer yet! First let me take you on a journey. Then you can decide. I know, I know. Crazy way to start my tale. But I'm kinda crazy so I guess that works out.
   If you don't like this already, by all means put it down. Totally you're choice. But if I were you I'd keep reading. Just saying. I'll give you a moment to decide...
   Oh goody you decided to keep reading! That's pretty smart of you! Let's get a move on slow poke!
   Chapter 2
   Maybe it's time I introduced myself. I am Edwin. Edwin Hendrix. I like in a city named Moondale.
   Moondale is a very old city. It's pretty big about 200,000 people. My girlfriend is the smartest girl I've ever met. I have no sibling. My mother is on her death bed and my dad is fighting in the war.
   I'm sixteen years old. The schools have stopped running. Every door is locked. Every window boarded up. People are panicking. We are all about to die.
   The enemy, Sundale has sent a bomb soaring toward Moondale. There's only twelve hours until it hits and kills every last person in this city.
   Sundale and Moondale have hated each other for thousands of years. They say that four thousand years ago, Moondale and Sundale were the 'Sibling Cities'. That the only reason they started fighting is because they couldn't agree on who would have control over Stargaze forest. So they went to war over it.
  I call bull! Lies and deceit! Trickery! It's a stupid story the government made up to hide the ugly, scary truth.
   Stargaze forest is no average forest I'll tell you that right now. It holds a deep dark secret. But I'm not gonna tell you. Not yet anyways.
   Anyways let me take you to the beginning of my story.
   Chapter 3
   I turned the rusty knob and pushed the door open. As I entered my house I was immediately bombarded with the smell of death. I didn't want to believe it. It couldn't be. Not yet.
   When I tuned the corner and entered my parents bedroom, I saw my mom on the bed. I ran up to her and shook her.
   "Mom?" I didn't get a response. I placed my hand over her heart, frantically searching for the heartbeat I knew ceased to exist.
   Nothing. No breath. No heartbeat. My mother was dead.
   As I fell to the floor and hugged my knees the sound of the front door opening and closing startled me. But I didn't care to go see who it was. Footsteps echoed through the house until a pair of maroon and white converse appeared in front of me.
   Immediately knowing it was my girlfriend Melody, I looked up and could tell that she had been running. Her long black hair was all over the place. Her cheeks were puffy and red and she was still trying to catch her breath.
   She gasped when she saw my mother and fell to the floor. She wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back tightly. I needed the hug more than anything.
   She sat back and placed her warm hands on my cheeks. "It's not your fault Edwin. You know that."
   I hadn't shed a single tear yet. But I wished I had because I didn't want to cry in front of Melody. I was holding it all back, but it was only a matter of time before the water works would start.
    "I wasn't here for her." I was surprised at how shaky my voice was. It didn't even sound like me. "She died alone Melody."
   That sentence finalized it. I burst into tears.
   *Melody's POV*
   Edwin exploded into massive sobs. It broke my heart to see him like that. I did my very best to comfort him. But the truth is, there's nothing anyone can do to make the pain go away. That's something I know all too well. My mother and father died of the same illness Edwin's mother had when I was fifteen.
   After at least two hours had passed Edwin had cried his throat raw. I was on my knees and he was sprawled out in front of me with his head in my lap. My tan leggings were soaked with tears. Some of them mine, but most of them Edwin's.
   I sniffed and looked towards the window. It would be dark soon.
   "Edwin," he looked up at me. His eyes were red and puffy. "We have to go. It's getting dark."
   He sat up and rubbed his eyes.
   "Ok." Was all he said.
   I stood up and helped him to stand up. He was shaky and I could tell he was dehydrated. I needed to get some water in him.
   *Edwin's POV*
   Melody helped me walk into the kitchen. I sat down at the small wooden table and she walked over to the refrigerator. She pulled out a water bottle, opened it, and held it out to me.
   "I'm not thirsty." My voice was very raspy and it hurt to talk.
   She pulled out a chair and sat in front of me.
   "Edwin you're dehydrated. You really need to take a sip or two."
   "Mel..."
   "Don't Mel me. I'm not asking. Take a drink."
   Reluctantly I took the water bottle and took a couple sips. And I'll admit it made my throat feel a lot better.
   Melody smiled warmly at me. "That's more like it."
   Melody and I stood up. I took her hand and we walked out of my house never to return.