Sad

Astrid walked into the forge late one night. Hiccup was stuck working on plans for more fire prevention systems.
Normally Astrid would leave him alone and let him work, but she couldn't help it tonight. She was feeling lonely and upset tonight. She wasn't sure why, she just was.
Putting on the fake smile she said "How's it goin' Chief?"
Hiccup turned around in his chair and saw right through Astrid's fake smile. "Pretty borin- Oh no. What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine. I just thought I'd check on you."
"Astrid?"
"I don't know what's wrong. I'm just feeling lonely tonight. I know I shouldn't be bothering you I'm sorry. I'll just go."
"No no, it's alright. C'mere." He said holding his arm out. "You can sit on my lap until I'm finished."
Astrid walked over and sat on Hiccup's knee. He wrapped an arm around her and she immediately felt a little better. She rested her head on his shoulder.
As Hiccup continued to sketch on the parchment he kissed the top of Astrid's head. "What's got you so upset milady?"
Astrid sighed. "I don't know. I just feel sad for some reason."
"Hmm. Are you missing anyone?"
"I don't think so."
"Is there something your not telling me?"
"No."
"Maybe you're just overtired."
Astrid nuzzled her head against Hiccup's neck. "Maybe."
A few minutes later Hiccup finished the sketches and he and Astrid were walking hand in hand toward their hut.
   As they walked into their hut Hiccup asked "You're sure there's nothing you want to tell me?"
   "Yes I swear. I truly don't know why I'm so down."
   Hiccup and Astrid made their way upstairs and as Hiccup was putting his nightclothes on he heard sniffling. behind him.
   He immediately knew Astrid was crying.
   "Oh milady why are you crying?" He asked desperately as he pulled on his nightshirt.
   He had to admit Astrid could be difficult sometimes, but he didn't mind one little bit.
   He flopped back on the bed and pulled Astrid on top of him, holding her close.
   "Milady I know this isn't over nothing. What's wrong?"
   "You'll think it's stupiiiiiid." Astrid whined.
   Hiccup rolled over so Astrid was underneath him. He kissed her forehead.
   "No I won't. I promise. Come on out with it."
   "Nooooo."
    "Ah come on Astrid what's the matter? Pleeeaaaase?" Hiccup pressed as he wiped away Astrid's tears with his thumb.
   "Ok ok! I'm just... I really miss my grandma today. Today is the day she died and I'm just really missing her."
  Hiccup got up on his hands and knees, hovering over Astrid. "Well milady it's ok to miss people you love. I understand that. Come here."
   Hiccup collapsed onto the bed and pulled Astrid into his arms, hugging her tightly. He rubbed her upper arms soothingly and kissed her shoulder as she cried.
   "Shhh. It's alright."
   "I miss her so much Hiccup."
   "I know," he whispered. "It's gonna be alright Astrid."
   Eventually Astrid cried herself to sleep in Hiccup's arms.  As Hiccup heard Astrid's light breathing, he lightly rubbed his hand up and down her back and saying "I love you milady."  Before drifting off to sleep.