Juvenile Delinquents 2

The teens were in the Great Hall awaiting the arrival of Dagur.
   They were all absolutely terrified. Some were still crying from guilt, others were shaking out of fear, and some were just staring into the abyss, wondering about their fate.
   Kylie was even worse than the others. Having a angry, terrifying Chief was one thing but an angry, terrifying, Chief that's also your dad? Yea not a pretty picture for her.
   Fishlegs noticed her sitting in a corner by herself, hugging her knees and crying. He walked over and sat down next to her.
   Kylie tried to cover up her crying. "Hi Fishlegs. What's up?"
   "Are you crying because you're scared or because you feel guilty?"Fishlegs said, letting her know he knew she had been crying.
   She sighed. "Both. I know my dad is gonna kill me but I also feel so stupid. I mean what was I thinking?"
   "Well first off, you're dad isn't going to kill you Kylie. He loves you very much. He's just going to be angry and disappointed. And second, it's good that you feel guilty. That means you know you've done wrong."
   "Yea but I broke my own aunts arm and almost killed her!"
   "Ahh I thought it was you behind the catapult."
   "Are you gonna tell Hiccup? Or my dad?"
   Fishlegs smiled warmly and stood up to leave. "I'll let you do that. I think you'll decide to tell them when you're ready."
   Suddenly Dagur himself burst into the Great Hall.
   "BERSERKERS!! HOW DARE YOU ATTACK OUR ALLY! MY BROTHER'S ISLAND! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE! OR A DRAGON! YOU BROKE ASTRID'S ARM! YOU HURT HER DRAGON! ALL OF YOU ARE ON STABLE DUTY FOR A YEAR!! I CANNOT BELIVE ANY OF YOU! WHAT IN THE NAME OF ODIN MADE YOU THINK THIS WAS OK?! KYLIE! GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE!! I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THIS!! AHHH!!!"
   Dagur panted for breath and Hiccup patted his shoulder. "Breathe please Dagur. We don't need you passing out."
   "I'm good little bro. I'm just VERY disappointed in my Berserkers."
   "I think they learned their lesson. Didn't you guys?" Hiccup raised an eyebrow at the teens.
   "Yes sir!" They all shouted.
   "All of you get your sorry buts onto the ships now! You are to sail DIRECTLY back to Berserker island! Heather will be at the docks, and you will do anything and everything she says! If she tells you to eat a slug you'd better be eating a slug! You are now responsible for taking care of the dragons for a year! No if's and or but's!"
   Ruffnut burst out laughing. "Oh no. Didn't they know Heather and Astrid are best friends? Pff she's gonna kill them."
   All of the teens ran out of the great hall. Dagur stopped Kylie by grabbing her hand. He sat her down in a chair.
   Dagur crossed his arms and glared at her.
   "Well what do you have to say for yourself Kylie?"
   Kylie looked at Hiccup and Astrid, and then her dad. They all looked furious with her. All of them except Astrid.
   "I-I'm sorry. It was a really stupid thing to do and I shouldn't have done it. I had no right and it was reckless. I'm so sorry for attacking your island Hiccup. And I'm sorry I broke your arm Astrid... and hurt Stormfly."
   "YOU broke Astrid's arm?!"
   "Yes, dad."
   Dagur's face turned even redder than it already was. Kylie was sure that he was about to chuck her across the room.
   Suddenly Astrid stepped forward and winked at Kylie, then turned to Dagur.
   "I think she feels guilty enough for it Dagur."
   "Fine! Kylie!"
   "Yes dad?"
   "I am very disappointed in you. Your mom and I raised you better than that. You are grounded for two months. No dragon riding and no fighting classes. After Hiccup and Astrid say a few words, you get on our ship and as soon as it docks on Berserker Island you go straight to bed. Do you hear me?"
   "Yes, dad."
   Without another word, Dagur was gone.
   Astrid looked much better than she did earlier. Her arm was wrapped up in a sling and she had some color back to her face.
   "I'm really sorry." Kylie said with her head bent low and staring at her feet.
   Astrid smiled. "Kylie, look at me."
   Kylie looked up.
   "Everyone makes mistakes. Just promise me you won't do anything like this again."
   "I promise."
   "Alright then. You're forgiven." Astrid hugged her niece and then left.
   Analia and Hiccup were now the only people in the great hall. Hiccup had his arms crossed, but he didn't look as mad as he did before.
   Hiccup knelt down and looked at his niece with knowing eyes.
   "Did you know your cousin once ran away for three days straight?"
   "Huh?"
   That was not even close to what Kylie was expecting to hear him say.
   Hiccup chuckled. "Yep. She ran away to a place called Dragon's Edge with her boyfriend Oryn. I was so mad at her I couldn't even look at her. But I knew she was sorry and that she would never do it again when she came back crying.
   People make mistakes. Especially teenagers. I've made a lot. So has every other Viking in this world.  But the difference between a mistake that's forgivable and mistake that's not forgivable, is whether the person is truly sorry. And I can tell you're very sorry. So, I forgive you."
   Kylie was very surprised. "You do?"
   Ignoring her question, Hiccup continued. "I can tell by the look on your face that you thought you were going to get thrown across the room."
   Kylie gasped. "How did you..?"
   Hiccup chuckled. "My dad was chief too ya know. And even scarier than your dad. And four times his size. He had a big booming voice and was the strongest person I've ever known.
   They say when he was a baby he popped a dragon's head clean off its shoulders. Do I believe it? Yes I do.
   There were times I thought he was going to chuck me clear across the archipelago. He probably could've done it too. I was even smaller than you when I was your age.
   But the point is, no matter how big and scary your dad is, now matter how angry or upset he gets with you, he will always love you. And that's what matters. With love, comes forgiveness."
   "You really think so?"
   "Yes I do Kylie. Well you'd better get home now. Don't want Dagur coming after me now do we?"
   "Nope we don't." Kylie chuckled.
   Kylie was just about half way down the stairs when she decided to run back and hug her uncle.
   Hiccup hugged her back, then sent her on her way.
   That night all Vikings were definitely ready to get some very needed sleep.