There Were Dragons

"Grandpa tell us a story!" Four year old Stoick crawled into Hiccup's lap.
Hiccup and Astrid were in their 50's now. Analia and Tucker had one child each. Analia was expecting another very soon. Today Hiccup was watching Stoick and Valka while Astrid, Tucker, and Analia prepared snoggletog decorations.
Valka tried to climb into his lap, but Stoick screamed "No you won't fit!"
Hiccup chuckled and scooted Stoick over. "Hey hey hey there's plenty of room for both of my precious grand babies. Climb on up here Valka."
Valka climbed into his lap and snuggled into her grandfather. Stoick gave her a dirty look but she didn't care. Hiccup kissed the top of their heads.
"Tell us a really good story Grandpa." Valka said.
"I've told you all of them."
"Come on there has to be one you haven't told us yet."
"You won't believe this one."
"I'm a whole 6 years old I'll believe anything papa!" Valka declared proudly.
"Yea tell us tell us!" Piped Stoick.
Hiccup chuckled and began to rock the chair. "Alright. Alright."
"For this story you have to close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open."
The two children closed their eyes, and Hiccup began his tale.
"There were dragons when I was a boy."
"Like the ones I saw in your book?" Valka asked.
"Shh!" Stoick hated when stories got interrupted.
"Exactly the same ones." Hiccup answered.
Hiccup began again. "There were dragons, when I was a boy. Where they went? Only a few know. Your grandmother and our friends changed the world forever."
Hiccup told them how he met Toothless, fought the red death and brought Berk to befriend all dragons. Then he told them about Dagur Viggo and Ryker. Then Drago and Grimmel.
"Woa." The kids said in unison.
"So that's how you lost your leg. I thought grandma got mad at you and chopped it off." Stoick said.
Hiccup burst out into a roaring laugh. Oh his grandchildren had the craziest imaginations.
Suddenly Astrid walked in. "What crazy story is grandpa telling you two this time?" She chuckled as she sat down in her chair next to Hiccup.
Valka jumped off of Hiccup making him grunt and hopped into Astrid's lap hugging her tightly.
"He says that there were dragons when you guys were little but then they had to go."
"Yea!" Stoick piped in, "He told us about Toothless and all the other dragons! But he wouldn't tell us about your dragon!"
"Well," Astrid said, beginning to rock in her chair as Valka snuggled into her, "Stormfly was a Deadly Nadder. She was so pretty and very protective. She saved your mother's life more than once Stoick."
"She did?"
Hiccup chuckled joyously. "Oh she sure did. The amount of trouble your mother could get into was insane."
They all laughed. Suddenly a screech was heard in the distance.
Valka and Stoick covered their ears. "What was that?!" Valka asked.
Astrid and Hiccup had picked up the children, set them down, and jumped out of their seats at the same time.
"There's only one creature that can make that sound!" Astrid yelled and smiled widely, turning to Hiccup.
They all made their way outside and to the docks. Small black dots were in the horizon.
"What can make that sound papa?!" Stoick demanded.
Hiccup's heart leapt and he grinned a wider grin than he ever had before. "A Nightfury."

Let me know if you want a part two! I hope you enjoyed it!!