Soaked and Scared

Hola amigos! Alrighty first off thank you for the wonderful ideas! I will be doing both of those! But my brain is being super cheesy at the moment and has two more ideas. For this one, it's another Hiccstrid storm. I know I'm terrible 😂😂 sorry. But it's storming here so I feel like I can get some good detail in it. And for the second I'm going to have Hiccup and Astrid telling their kids, and their grandkids about the dragons. So here we go! Set shortly before HTTYD 2. Astrid and Hiccup don't share a hut yet. They have never slept together before.

   It was around midnight when the wind rose and the thunder began. Astrid rolled over in bed and pulled her pillow over her head and clamped it over her ears, trying to block out the scary booms.
   An ear splitting crack of thunder and blinding bolt of lighting burst through the cloudy sky. Astrid whimpered and his under the blankets.
   She took deep breaths and tried to calm herself. "It's just a storm it's just a storm it's just a storm.."
   The wind whistled eerily and shook Astrid's hut. "Oh why did it have to storm tonight? Ok just calm down you're fine.... You're fine..."
   More thunder clapped and the wind started to blow even faster. "Then again maybe not!"
   Astrid jumped out of bed wearing only her night clothes. She ran down the stairs and bolted towards Hiccup's hut. She saw bolts of lightning as she ran. The wind and rain slapped her face. She was getting soaked.
   When she finally made it to Hiccup's hut Astrid ran up the stairs and into his room.
   Hiccup was sprawled out on his bed fast asleep. "Gods he could sleep through an earthquake." Astrid said under her breath. More thunder boomed and she jumped. It sounded as though the sky was going to fall down and crush her.  The wind howled and it began hailing. It tore at the hut making Astrid even more scared. She gave up and let the tears she had been holding back trickle down her cheeks.
   She shook Hiccup's foot in attempt to wake him up. Astrid got kind of nervous. She had never woken Hiccup up before. What if her got mad at her? What if he was  really grumpy and scared her even more? She decided the hail was scarier.
   "Hiccup?" She whispered. She didn't want to talk full voiced. She knew her voice would crack. But eventually she had to.
   Astrid walked around to the edge of the bed and shook Hiccup's shoulder. And sure  enough her voice cracked when she spoke.
   "Hiccup? Hiccup?" Astrid started crying harder as the storm intensified. "Hiccup I'm sorry but I'm really scared p-please wake up up."
   Hiccup finally startled awake. He was confused for a moment before he realized Astrid was standing by his bed. He couldn't see her face well but he knew her cry. He sat up immediately and lit a lamp.
   The glow illuminated the room and Hiccup saw Astrid dripping onto the floor and while herself and crying. He hopped out of bed and pulled the soaking wet Astrid into him and wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Astrid what's goin on? Are you alright? You're soaked babe.."
   "Hiccup I'm sorry I woke you up. But I'm really scared. I can't sl- sleep.. please don't be mad at me I-"
   "Hey hey hey it's ok. You're ok. I'm right here. Calm down."
   Hiccup sat down and pulled Astrid to sit down next to him. "I'm sorry I woke you up..."
   "Astrid you can always wake me up. I don't mind at all. But what are you so worked up about?"
   A crack of thunder scared the crap out of Astrid. "Ah!"
   She clung to Hiccup and buried her face in his side.
   "Ohh." Hiccup realized she was afraid of the storm.
   "Astrid calm down I'm right here. I'm not gonna let anything happen."
   Astrid let go of him, sat back up and shoved her hair out of her eyes. Hiccup got up and walked over to his dresser.
   "I'm such a baby."
   "You are not a baby milady. We all have fears. Yours just happens to be storms. Come here." Hiccup said as he pulled out one of his tunics.
   CRACK!
   Astrid leapt off the bed and into Hiccup in one huge jump. She whimpered as the thunder drew out, sounding like a huge stomach growling.
   Hiccup hugged Astrid tightly and stroked her hair. "Shh. It's just loud noise. You're alright. I'm right here. I won't let it hurt you. I promise. Now come on, let's get you into dry clothes. You're gonna get sick."
   He peeled Astrid off him and kissed her forehead. He flung the tunic over his shoulder and gently grabbed the bottom of Astrid's soaked night shirt.
   "Arms up milady."
   Astrid did so timidly. Hiccup had never even seen her  without a shirt on before. And now he was undressing her... what if he didn't like what he saw? What if he wants shoer awkward with her after this? But Hiccup, being the respectful cinnamon roll he is, slipped his tunic onto Astrid before he could see anything.
   Then he pulled Astrid into another hug and rested his chin atop her head. She felt SO cuddly now.
   "Feel better?"
   "Yea."
   Hiccup then changed his clothes because Astrid had soaked his as well.
   "I-I'm good now. I don't wanna keep you up. I'll go back to my hut. I love you Hiccup."
    Astrid said as Hiccup climbed back into his bed. He looked at Astrid and saw that she was still shaking. No way was she good.
   He held the blanket up with one arm and held his other out. "Come on get in here. You're freaking out and I'm not letting you be scared all night."
   Astrid was about to argue, but more thunder and lighting boomed through the sky. So Astrid jumped into the bed.
   "Oook," Hiccup said as he adjusted the pillows. "You are gonna sleep right here. Safe in  my arms. And I'm going to protect you alllllll night. Ok?"
   Astrid snuggled into him and took a deep breath. "Ok."
   Astrid startled a couple times, but eventually she fell asleep on Hiccup's arm. Hiccup fell asleep soon after.
   They both slept better than they ever had before. So from that night on, they slept together.