II | Table Number 5

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

-Marilyn Monroe

II | TABLE NUMBER 5

My eyes were still glued to the parking spot Reece's car had once held, thoughts running wild in my head. What have I done? It was typically something like this would happen to me. Why couldn't it have happened to someone with at least a bit more money, or a dick personality - so they deserved it, but not me, I surely didn't deserve it... I think. I sighed, deciding the world was against me, and headed slowly towards my car, a gloomy, defeated look on my face.

I pulled myself inside and rested my head against the steering wheel, wanting to hit my head against it repeatedly, but I refrained from doing so. I felt like crying, hard. There was no way I could possibly tell my Mom and Dad about this - I mean I can't, not only would they ground me until the day I die, but they would forever be disappointed in me, and when I die and go to heaven they would ground me there as well.

I lifted my weak head from the steering wheel and started the engine. I made my way out of the school's parking lot, heading now to fetch my brother. I bit my lip hard as I tried to focus solely on the road ahead of me, but not being able to stop the constant doubts I was having. Life was never fair to me and possibly never would be.

I already had too many things to focus on and now added to the list was to pay for Reece's car damage. Which is definitely my biggest problem on the said list. How the hell am I going to pay the insurance for a freaking Ferrari?!

The only possible solution I could think of - which I doubt this would even work - for this situation was to work double shifts at my job at the local diner and if that didn't work, then I'd have to become a prostitute. Joking, of course, I couldn't do that.

I pulled up to the front of Cole's middle school and waited patiently for his arrival. My fingers tapped against the steering wheel, humming to a song as I tried to put my current situation with Reece in a locked chamber in my mind. Cole came bustling out a few minutes later, carrying his school bag and his sports bag along with him. He opened the passenger door and I shook my head at him, stopping him from sitting.

"You know the rules Cole, you can't sit at the front until you're fourteen." I reminded him and he scoffed in response, getting in the back.

"I don't understand why- it clearly says thirteen years of age is when you can start sitting at the front!" He protested, buckling himself in. I began to drive down the road.

"Well, it's my car, my rules. I'm just worried about your safety," I gave him a small smile in the rearview mirror and was met with a scowl by him.

"Violetta, I'm not a baby anymore, stop treating me like one," he grumbled, crossing his arms like a baby.

"Whatever," I shrugged.

"You're weird," he attempted to insult me but came out more childish than anything.

"Your life is weird," I countered.

"Your existence is weird."

"Your generation is weird." Having a slight urge to slap him, I saw him smirk.

"News flash Violetta! We're both from the same generation, so if I'm weird, you're weird as well."

"Oh, shut up Cole," I rolled my eyes at him.