VIII | The Little Mermaid

A room without books is like a body without a soul.

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIII | THE LITTLE MERMAID

Friday, the best day of the week for me, simply because of the two day holiday afterwards. Five days at school was already affecting my brain more and more, to me, a two day weekend just wasn't enough.

I laid on my bed, smiling from ear to ear as I read my Harry Potter novel, the Half-Blood Prince to be exact. I read through the pages, delving deep into the story. Sometimes, I would imagine myself as a witch in the book and I would imagine being close friends with Harry and the others. My imagination was that good, or was I just sad? As I flipped to the next page of my novel, a sudden knock came from my window. I ignored due to how Harry Potter always comes first no matter what. Maybe I'd check who it was after a chapter, or five.

The knocking continued to my annoyance. I placed my book down - putting a bookmark in to preserve my place.

After doing so, I looked up to see an agitated Reece staring through my window. I raised an eyebrow at him and got up from my bed to open the window for him.

He stepped inside my room, "what are you doing? There's a front door you know." I groaned.

He smirked, "now where's the fun in that? Windows are more excitin'." he spoke, looking around my room.

"Your stupidity is exciting to watch as well," I mumbled, causing him to glare at me.

He looked around my lavender and white room theme, "cute room," he complimented, now walking over to my small poster collection - that consisted of a Justin Timberlake, a young Leonardo DiCaprio, Zac Efron and many, many other male celebrity posters.

I moved over to him and he turned to me, expecting me to speak, "may I ask why are you in my bedroom and not doing what normal guys do?" Not that I knew what normal guys did, apart from play sports and jack-off to porn. I huffed in annoyance, knowing Harry Potter will have to wait.

He gave me a half smirk, "and what do guys normally do?" He asked.

I shrugged lightly, "I don't know, masturbate a whole lot, watch porn, talk about girls and sports - stuff like that?" I obviously knew little in the male activities department, but I'm very sure I listed a good amount of them that I believed to be true.

His lips formed into a straight judging line, "Okay, so I'm goin' to pretend you didn't just say that," he tried not to smile, making his way over to my bed and sitting down. He picked up my Harry Potter book and examined it, "I didn't know you were into this stuff, I prefer the movies though, less time consumin'."

I snatched the book harshly from his grip and placed it gently on my bookshelf that consisted of the rest of my Harry Potter collection and some other books I enjoyed.

"The book has a lot more detail than the movie," I explained. "Anyway, why are you here?" I asked, now getting impatient. He was so lucky my family wasn't home, well besides from Gwen, who was downstairs with Thomas doing God knows what. Mom and Dad were at the dentist with Cole and Millie.

"I'm bored," he shrugged, laying down and looking up at the ceiling.

"Dude, you have like a gazillion friends, how the fuck are you bored?" I practically shouted.

"I just don't feel like hangin' out with any of them," he said simply, looking at me.

"And you're telling me because...?" I questioned and he just scoffed at me. I laughed. "Okay, sorry, we can stalk Brooke if you want? My Dad got this new taser and I've been dying to try it out on someone."