XV | Touché

Don't walk in front of me... I may not follow
Don't walk behind me... I may not lead
Walk beside me... just be my friend

-Albert Camus

XV | TOUCHÉ

A loud banging came from my window, echoing through my room. I groaned as I put my head deeper into my pillow, I knew exactly who it was, only one person knocked on my window.

"Arghhh," I groaned, an inhuman noise coming from deep within me. Agitated, I removed my covers to see Reece smirking at me from the other side of my window. I rolled my eyes at him and somehow almost dropped back to sleep. The knocking continued though. I gently placed Coco on my other pillow before angrily getting off of my bed and opening the window, "what?" I snapped quietly, too tired for this. If he continues to do this I will literally ask my dad to cut down the tree that was near my bedroom window which allowed Reece access to climb into my bedroom.

He smiled at me, "we are goin' somewhere." I groaned again and looked at the clock on my wall. It was only 9:45 am. I swear I wanted to kill him for having the audacity to wake me up so early in the morning. The nerve of him.

"No thanks," I said, retreating back over to my bed and laying down.

"Come on Violet, it's Saturday, don't you want to have fun like normal people do?" He pleaded desperately.

"Nope," I admitted before continuing, "and it's kind of annoying how you came through my window when again, there is literally a door downstairs for you to knock on," I pointed out.

"Again, where's the fun in that?" he stated, plopping down next to me on my bed.

"Be careful, don't wake up Coco," I whispered, slowly picking her up and placing her on my lap.

"Is this the Coco you threatened to feed my balls to twice?" he questioned, looking down at the tiny dog. I smiled with a brief nod as I combed through her light brown fur, she let out a small cute yawn. "She doesn't look dangerous to me," he observed.

I rolled my eyes, "That's because you're not on her bad side - yet. Anyway, where do you want to even go to?" I looked at him.

"The amusement park. Me, Miles, Jake and some other friends want to go."

"I hope these so-called friends aren't mean. In other words, I hope they are not like Brooke." I hoped so much that they were decent people.

He slightly laughed, "nah, it's two girls and a guy, they are my closest friends and I'm sure you know them from school." He shrugged. Wow, I'm surprised. I only thought Miles and Jake were his friends and everyone else was either his acquaintance or he simply just ignored them.

"Do they sit at the lunch table with us?" I questioned, confused as to who they are.

"No, they have a different lunch period, but they want to sit with me, Miles, and Jake, so they will start sittin' with us," he replied.

"Wouldn't the table be more crowded than it already is?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Guess we have to remove some people from the table then," he shrugged and I slightly chuckled. "Veronica, Chase and Laurianne can come with us to the amusement park as well," he added and I smiled, knowing him and Chase were slightly but slowly accepting one's presence. "Now be ready in thirty, I'll be back then," he said winking at me before climbing out through the window.

That guy is seriously so weird.