V | Soft Lips

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

-Albert Einstein

V | SOFT LIPS

"What's the plan when we get to school?" I asked Reece, adjusting my school bag on the floorboard between my legs. I quickly glanced at the Australian, to see that his eyes were completely concentrated on the road ahead of us.

"Nothin' much. The main goal is to make Brooke jealous," he told me, taking a sharp right turn.

I nodded in understanding, "yeah, I get that, but when you say 'jealous', please emphasize more on that."

"The regular, hold hands, and we'll probably have to kiss in front of Brooke." He shrugged as if it was nothing.

My face twisted in disgust, "look, Reece, you're cute and all, but to be honest - I don't want you to be my first kiss." I admitted and he quickly glanced at me.

"Let me guess, you're savin' it for Xavier?" How did he know?

I bit my lip, my cheeks brightening slightly, "well...either him, Drake, or Cole Sprouse depends on who comes first." He ignored my response, probably thinking I'm an idiot and continued to concentrate on the road. "Hey, quick question - actually two," remembering I had some things to clear up.

"Yeah?"

"Number one: when will we stop fake dating?" I raised my brows in question, watching Reece closely as his hands seemed to squeeze the steering wheel a little tighter.

Reece didn't look at me when he spoke, "when Brooke realizes I'm the guy she wants to be with and not that stupid college guy," he mumbled angrily

"So you want to get back with your cheating ex? People are weird." I stated rolling my eyes and looking back outside.

He sighed, "you wouldn't understand."

I glanced back at him, deciding not to pry any further on the topic. It wasn't like Reece and I were all buddy-buddy, so he wouldn't have told me either way I presumed.

"What's the second question?" He asked after a few seconds.

"Oh right, I forget, so once you and Brooke indeed get back together, I definitely don't have to pay a cent towards your car right?"

He nodded, "yeah, I'm pretty sure I made that clear to you yesterday." At least the whole situation was easy, help Reece reunite with the she-devil, and then not be in any debt towards him. I could continue life as if our encounter never happened. Best of all, I knew no feelings were going to be attached to this fake relationship.

Reece pulled up to the school's parking lot and suddenly my hands began to shake, my stomach felt like someone was literally squeezing it tight, punching it repeatedly and I had the sudden urge to puke. Reece parked in his usual parking space under a big tree so the sun wouldn't interfere with his car. Getting to the main point, this area was strictly for the 'popular' people and us 'unpopular' people weren't allowed to park here. He turned off the ignition, turning to me, his blue eyes reminded me of the ocean I saw when me and my family went to Hawaii three years ago.

"You ready?" He smiled softly, almost like he could see I was nervous, but what I said next was completely unrelated to his question.

"You have pretty eyes," I blurted out, a hand going to my mouth in shock. I wasn't meant to say that out loud!

His lips formed into a straight line confused at the compliment. "Uh, thanks?"

"You're welcome, and to answer your question - no, I am not ready to face discrimination due to the fact a jock and a social outcast are seen walking hand in hand to the entrance of the school," I rambled.