XXI | Mistake

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

-Oscar Wilde

XXI | MISTAKE

I stared at my reflection through my mirror. My blonde hair was disorganized. My eyes had dark bags underneath them - overall, I looked like a total mess. Hurt, Confusion, Pain, and Heartbreak. These were all the emotions I felt in my darkroom, the window shades have been closed, blocking any light from coming into my bedroom for a long time now. I quickly wiped my eyes as I felt another tear escaping my eyelids.

The memory of Friday kept playing through my head like a vinyl, it went on and on and never seemed to stop. I found myself gripping on the edge of my vanity table as the remembrance was again flooding my mind. I shut my eyes and the tears kept coming out.

He looked at me with an unspoken emotion in his eyes. "Oh, Violetta, haven't you heard? Me and Brooke are back together," Reece said.

I looked at both of them, my lips slightly moved apart. "W-wait, what?" I stuttered, my heartbeat began to fasten.

Brooke squealed and hugged me, I didn't hug back, I was as stiff as a rock, she removed herself from her grip and gave me smile. "Amazing right? Reece told me how you both fake dated so he can win me back, he is just the cutest ever," she said, walking to Reece and he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

My breathing hitched in my throat, I wanted to tell Reece there and then that it was Brooke who caused all of this. But for some weird reason, my mouth remained shut.

Reece turned to me and came close to me, he rested his hand on my shoulder and patted it. "Thanks, Violetta, you're services are no longer needed, you're free of the debt from my car," he said softly, I bit my lip hard and nodded in response, my throat felt dry and I felt that If I had spoken, my voice would start to crack as I was holding sobs in. I clenched, then unclenched my palms.

He went back to Brooke who took his hand. They stared at each other with so much love as they walked away together to go back to the field as the crowd cheered him on again for winning the game tonight.

Little did they know he had just broken someone's heart into a million pieces.

I wiped my eyelids again as the tears were now coming out unbearable. That simple memory caused more of a heartbreak.

It made me think. Did Reece even care for me at all? Why does love never work out for me?

I watched Xavier Chamberlin in the halls and classrooms, gazing at him lovestruck for nearly three years. But Reece hurt more than it did with Xavier. The mere thought of Xavier now made me completely angry and I felt so, so stupid for actually believing he would like me back.

I once again brought my hand to my eyes and wiped the tears just as a knock came on my door. "Vivi?" Gwen called out, opening my door.

"Please, go away," I said in a raspy voice as I looked back at the mirror. Gwen opened the door anyways and sighed, walking to my bed, sitting down and looking at me. She knew what had happened, I didn't need to explain it to her, it maybe was a gut feeling, knowing when someone you cared about was going through a heartbreak.

"You've been like this since Friday, you didn't do anything throughout this weekend, your friends said they wanted to hang out with you, but you pushed them away," she spoke sadly.

Today was Sunday, yesterday Ocean, Laurianne, Ronnie, and Zoey came to check on me since they had seen me crying as I went to my car on Friday. I told Gwen that if they stopped by to visit that she should please tell them to go away.